Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lennie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2007, 08:45 AM
    ZoneAlarm blocking MP3Search.ru?
    Hi, my daughter is interested in the MP3Search.ru website, and we have been able to navigate to it in the past. But recently I have installed ZoneAlarm and AdAware/AdWatch on all our computers and we now cannot get to the site.

I get the page saying that 'the website is unavailable, check with your admin... etc.'.

I can only navigate there if I shut down Zone Alarm (swallowing hard). But no modifications that I can find will allow me to load the site with ZoneAlarm running. Even opening the firewall completely, with the program still running doesn't allow it.

Does ZoneAlarm know something about this website?

Thanks for any ideas or help.

-Len
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2007, 08:52 AM
    There is evidence to suggest that sites like this (especially Russian ones) are involved in credit card fraud.

Think about it: if they are offering songs for $.10 whereas the RIAA is pushing iTunes when they are selling at $.99, there has to be something not quite kosher going on.

This is likely why Zone Alarm blocks the site, because it isn't safe.

Jan 10, 2007, 09:19 AM
    I forgot to mention that she would be using a 'gift' card with just a limited amount of money on it--not our own cards.

But I think you're probably right. The new Internet security version that I'm running has an automatic spy site blocker. I also wonder if they block illegal sites.

It's just that searching ZoneLabs' site for 'MP3search' came up with nothing at all.

Thanks,
    Len
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 10, 2007, 11:17 AM
    There is a place in Zone alarm to add a site as a trusted site.

Jan 10, 2007, 12:25 PM
    Scot, I'll look for that. Do you know of any objective information sources out there about whether a site like this <should> be trusted?

Don't worry, your help won't come back to haunt you from me!

Thanks,
    Len
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 10, 2007, 12:46 PM
    That I don't know. I did look at one of those sites once and they claim that copyright laws are different in Russia so that they are legal.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2007, 12:48 PM
    Credit card fraud isn't legal ;p

If it looks iffy, I prefer to err on the side of caution. I'm certain there is a reason why Zone alarm would block it, and I doubt it's because of copyright infringement.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 10, 2007, 03:27 PM
    If she really wants to get hold of good quality music at seriously low prices then the ONLY site to use is ALLOFMP3.com
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Jan 10, 2007, 03:37 PM
    Did a search on MP3Search.ru scam-- found few bad comments about it.
    The only bad comments I found where at this link.

So what do the folks at MP3Search.ru have to say? - The Peer-to-Peer Weblog

I also searched a few P2P forums I am a member of and no negatives came up. One of those had about 50 scam sites listed but not that one
    -----Savage

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blocking number [ 19 Answers ]

I have a razor and I just wantd to know how to block my number for a call and unblock. It was something like *80... I'm not sure. What is it?

Bess blocking [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know a loophole so that the bess blocking does not block my internet? But the loophole can't be blocked by bess... bess sucks... thanks

Blocking Websites [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a way, on Internet Explorer, or Firefox, to block websites? I am sick of being embarrassed because my IP log count is so high on people's blogs that I no longer have contact with, due to differences. I think there is, but I can't seem to find it, only an option in which to tag sites so...

Blocking Sites [ 4 Answers ]

I have Windows XP and for an internet browser I'm using Microsoft Internet Explorer. What I need help with is: I need to learn how to block X-Rated sites. I found out how to block a specific website BUT I need to know how to put a limit on web searching. PLEASE HELP! :confused:

Blocking Websites [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to stop anybody that goes on my computer from accessing www.kazza.com Or from accessing Yahoo messenger??

View more questions Search