Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WMorg555 Posts: 105, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2010, 10:39 PM
    Where can I find a front door lock for a two and a half inch thick door?
    Looking for front door lock.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 20, 2010, 04:42 AM
    Try eBay. Several sellers sell nothing but door locks. But that's a very thick door...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 20, 2010, 04:53 AM

I have a similar issue and they are very hard to find. I was forced to carve a recess into the door for the outer part. Your best bet is to talk to a locksmith not go to a hardware store. They may be able to provide an extended tongue and screws.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2010, 04:58 PM
    Schlage used to sell extender kits but they are of course for their locks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Gas Range Door Lock out, door is open [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Kenmore Gas Range. My manual has the following model numbers on it: 790-75922, 790-75923, 790-75924, and 790-75929. I was trying to reset an option and pressed the "stop/clear" button and held it for a few seconds. The door locking mechanism started to engage, so I opened the...

Can I convert a prehung outswing front door to an inswing door? [ 5 Answers ]

We are remodling our house and we needed to replace the front door. We live in Florida and because of building code changes it is hard to find a prehung inswing front door. By mistake we bought a prehung outswing door. We were going to install it as an outswing but we have a rollout storm...

Kenmore Elite Washer front panel removal for door lock [ 1 Answers ]

I have an error code that suggests the door lock is bad. Washer is front loader and will not start cycle. Took off bottom panet and bottom screws on main front panel. How do I get the panel off to expose the door switch for removal?

Where can I find a 46 3/8 inch sliding shower door? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a shower opening that is 46 3/8 wide. Is it possible to find a sliding shower door that size? Everything I find on-line is 46.5 or bigger. Does anyone make custom sizes? It is not possible to make the opening larger. Thanks!

Kenmore elite ht3 Front load door will not close/lock reset [ 1 Answers ]

How do you reset the machine or even run self test to find out what is wrong with it?:|

View more questions Search