Ask
    clueless2008 Posts: 135, Reputation: 18

Dec 24, 2010, 04:25 PM

Ok, I will.
    Violaename Posts: 394, Reputation: 29

Dec 24, 2010, 04:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pocahantas View Post
    Hi V,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. What is the wrap method??

I have just order 10% HQ from USA. I am also going to use Gluta-c cream on the days when the skin is feeling too raw for HQ+retin a combo.....fingers crossed...have you ever tried gluta-c.

About Makari....from all the reviews I have read, it seems it works for the majority of people, and doesn't work for very few. But most people complain about breaking out when using it. I assume the cream must have some sort of steroids in it.

It is so great to talk to someone with the same goal, I feel so much closer to success having found this website. I had given up on skin lightening, now I feel I have a new wave of enthusiasm...I thank you.

By the way, for some reason I have 2 post with the same title, please look up my post and answer this question on the 'other' post with the same title. Other one has a lot more replies and comments as well as a picture. I am going to delete this one once you have read my answer....just to avoid confusion...
    The wrap method is when you use whatever lotion on part of your body,then tie it or cover the area with a plastic bag.It makes absorption fast!
    I used to wrap my feet after putting cream on my toes then wear socks all through the night.I did it for like 3 weeks and my feet became so light!!
    Violaename Posts: 394, Reputation: 29

Dec 24, 2010, 04:30 PM

Oh... I forgot to mention... Makari has no steroids!
    I am very very sure!
    I have used it for a good time and it has never for once given me reason to think it has steroids.
    The breakouts will probably be caused by the caviar...
    pocahantas Posts: 93, Reputation: 16

Dec 25, 2010, 01:21 PM
    Thank you for letting me know about the wrap method.

Last year I got 'Special socks' from Boots. Cost me around 10 quid. The idea behind the socks were same as your 'wrap method'. You were suppose to apply a thick moisturiser (preferably vaseline) at night, pop the socks on and wake up with soft feet - what a load of rubbish the socks were - I wasted my money - I should have been better off with your method, the plastic bag and just a normal pair of socks - so thank you for sharing that method.

V, as far as the creams are concerned... I have ordered Makari, Gluta-c and Bio Claire.

I have researched soooooo many that my head spin when I think about it - to name a few Makari, Gluta-c, Meladerma, African queen gel, Fair and White, bio claire... the list goes on...

I am excited about ALL of them and wanted to buy and try ALL of them - but I had to calm myself down. As they say 'patience is a virtue', I can't try them all together, I wish I could mix them up in a blender and put them on for even quicker result, but I know that's just silly, chemicals will react with each other :o( End of the day I have only one face.

And having read through people's experience it seems that skin lightening is all about patience and trial and error. Some cream may have amazing results for one and be completely useless for another person. People who have tried to be too impatient have ended up with burns, reverse results, patches to say the least.

I am not a very patient person, I want results tomorrow - so its being a real psychlogical battle with myself to stay in control and not play russian roullette with my skin.

By the way, all of this rant is aimed at my own impatience - I appreciate your comments and your feedback, please keep it up. I will inform you of my progress. The creams should arrive on the 27th of Dec.

x x

Jan 7, 2011, 05:12 PM
    Comment on clueless2008's post
    clue clue, where are you? Unable to pm you, you need to delete some messeges, need you help, don't want to discuss here. Please pm me x x

Jan 7, 2011, 05:57 PM
    Hey Clue,

Long time no chat. Happy new year to you and your family. Need some help please.

I registered to 'the website you emailed me about', that was a few weeks ago, my account still not activated.

On the home page it says if you account is still inactive contact the board administrator - but I don't know admin's email?

Can you please either give me admin's email or ask Lynn to activate my account.

I am still serious about MB, I want to start my journey in feb with the support of others who are in the same boat as me... please please help!

look forward to hear from you.

x x

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Skin Lightening Pro? So what do you think of my research/plan? (PIC) [ 3 Answers ]

I have been hooked on this website for 1 week. Reading through forums, researching all the recommended lotions and potions, getting excited about a cream, feeling deflated to find out it's a hoax. These are my findings and my plans, I would appreciate your feedback: Benoquin - Bad idea -...

Bio claire skin lightening cream crème how lond does it take to lightening your skin [ 1 Answers ]

Bio claire crème how long does it take to lightening your skin where in jamaica can I get it to buy

Show before and after pic when bleaching the skin [ 2 Answers ]

I need see someone before and after pic when using bleacing cream

View more questions Search