Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JamesM4422 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2010, 04:15 PM
    Gun Carry Permit
    I don't think I have a felony on my record but was arrest for theft when 18 (30 years ago). The amount was change, less then five dollars tops. I was charged with the theft but do not know if it was a felony or misderminor and don't know how to find out. I would like to apply for a concealed carry permit. Any ideas?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 19, 2010, 04:23 PM

What state is this in? Some have a precheck program.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 19, 2010, 09:09 PM

And just apply, if you had a felony they will deny the permit.

Go to the local police station that does background checks, ( sometimes it is city police , other times the county *** each area is different on who will do public record for people.

But just run one. A felony would have been a major crime, theft over a larger amount of money 500 to 1000 dollars.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2010, 08:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesM4422 View Post
    The amount was change, less then five dollars tops. Any ideas?
    Hello James:

Yeah. Apply. You AIN'T got no felony conviction.

But, you're calling it a "carry" permit. I don't know what that is... Do you mean concealed?? Or do you mean purchase?

excon
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Dec 21, 2010, 10:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    But just run one. A felony would have been a major crime, theft over a larger amount of money 500 to 1000 dollars.
    Actually a felony is defined as a crime for which one can (not the sentence imposed, but the maximum possible sentence) be punished by a year or more in prison.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hand gun permit [ 4 Answers ]

Last week I applied for a hand gun permit in greene county, snow hill, NC question F. on form reads Have you been discharged from the armed forces under dishonorable conditions? I ansered no, but in1969 Iwas discharged from the USMC with a bad conduct discharge. And was denided the pemit is this...

Permit or No Permit Basement [ 6 Answers ]

I am building a basement, living room, bathroom, office. Nothing really complex, no loadbearing walls. I have a permit. My brother in-law is also building a basement with out a permit. I will have to pay more taxes when I am done, correct? What is the advangage of getting the permit.

View more questions Search