Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pocahantas Posts: 93, Reputation: 16

Dec 19, 2010, 03:36 PM
    Skin Lightening Pro? So what do you think of my research/plan? (PIC)
    I have been hooked on this website for 1 week. Reading through forums, researching all the recommended lotions and potions, getting excited about a cream, feeling deflated to find out it's a hoax. These are my findings and my plans, I would appreciate your feedback:

Benoquin - Bad idea - permanent depig - takes up to 2 years, leaves the user dependent forever - can leave the user patchy and disfigured

Hydroquinon 4% - good for a short time, once desired effect achieved switch to other skin lightners to maintain result as using HQ long term can darken the skin again.

Makari Cream - Good probably the best loved by the lightening loving crowd.

My Plan:

I will use Hydroquinon 4% + Retina 0.5% for 6 months or less
    Then switch to Makari skin care range. I will always use a strong sunblock, exfoliate with a kojic acid soap.

Violaename Posts: 394, Reputation: 29

Dec 21, 2010, 08:09 PM

Not a bad idea at all my friend!
    I am using Retin a now and hq4% just on my toes ,knuckles and face.
    Its really going well.I do the wrap method from time to time... but it mad my feet a little too light... I want to concentrate on my toes first.
    I use Makari and the cavair glycerinon my skin... but not my face for fear of breakouts.I can't emphasise on how well it works on my skin!
    I was using F&W Exclusive before this.I just switched to Makari because I wanted a little break from using HQ all over my body.If Makari wasn't that expensive,it would have been my life partner!!
    pocahantas Posts: 93, Reputation: 16

Dec 24, 2010, 02:44 AM
    Hi V,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. What is the wrap method?

I have just order 10% HQ from USA. I am also going to use Gluta-c cream on the days when the skin is feeling too raw for HQ+retin a combo... fingers crossed... have you ever tried gluta-c.

About Makari... from all the reviews I have read, it seems it works for the majority of people, and doesn't work for very few. But most people complain about breaking out when using it. I assume the cream must have some sort of steroids in it.

It is so great to talk to someone with the same goal, I feel so much closer to success having found this website. I had given up on skin lightening, now I feel I have a new wave of enthusiasm... I thank you.

By the way, for some reason I have 2 post with the same title, please look up my post and answer this question on the 'other' post with the same title. Other one has a lot more replies and comments as well as a picture. I am going to delete this one once you have read my answer... just to avoid confusion...
    billie2010 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2010, 03:45 AM
    Hi pocahantas

Which website did you order your 10% hydroquinone from - are you allowed to put that information here?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bio claire skin lightening cream crème how lond does it take to lightening your skin [ 1 Answers ]

Bio claire crème how long does it take to lightening your skin where in jamaica can I get it to buy

Show before and after pic when bleaching the skin [ 2 Answers ]

I need see someone before and after pic when using bleacing cream

View more questions Search