Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pocahantas Posts: 93, Reputation: 16

Dec 19, 2010, 02:54 PM
    Calling all Benoquin Users, your opioion please!
    Firstly how was it for you? Good or bad? Few shades lighter, completely depigged or patchy? Stuck with Beno forever?

Also, Is this true:

Here are a few facts that break down how mono depigs the skin, from a matter of the first few months, to 1 year, and beyond 1 year.

First few months:
    Initial white patches all over the body, including areas not treated with monobenzone.

One year:
    Large portion of body has turned white.

If usage has stopped…
    When you stop using monobenzone, melanocytes will become active. Old skin color will start to reappear causing distress and very patchy, uneven skin.

If usage continues beyond one year….
    Raw areas of pink skin may emerge, mixed with white patches. Spots of original coloring may emerge within a few years due to follicular melanocytes. Monobenzone becomes ineffective on these spots as the returned pigment has become resistant to the chemical. The overall effect can be devastating mentally, emotionally and psychologically.

What Monobenzone Does To Normal Skin:
    Initially, white patches, white spots and streaks all over the body (regardless of where the cream is applied) Unlike skin lightening creams which only lighten the areas it is applied to, monobenzone applied anywhere on the body will lead to white patches at different areas.

For example, if you applied monobenzone on your face, you could develop permanent white patches and streaks on your arms, legs and torso as well.

After one year….white skin, with ruddy or pinkish tones
    Because monobenzone creams kill the skin's melanocytes, you can expect completely white and pinkish skin following depigmentation. This usually occurs after approximately one year of monobenzone use. The skin color will be similar to a person with albinism. Physical activity and exercise will lead to ruddy-looking skin and flushing as the blood beneath the skin's surface will show up clearly without any pigment to tint its appearance.

Within one to two years, the skin may start to repigment itself
    While this repigmentation may happen to vitiligo sufferers as well, it occurs sooner and more aggressively in people with normal skin. This is because vitiligo sufferer's immune systems are constantly attacking their own pigment cells. There is no such action in people with normal skin. With a fully-functioning immune system, melanocytes will become active again. Spots and patches of pigmentation will start to appear over previously white skin, leading to a patchy appearance.

Unlike the initial stage of using monobenzone, applying monobenzone to bleach these repigmented spots will likely have no effect. This is because the newly re-emerged melanocytes have become resistant to monobenzone, even in even higher concentrations like 40% monobenzone. In other words, at this late stage, monobenzone will stop working on the skin.

If the skin does not repigment, expect a lifetime of zero sun protection
    Because melanin offers sun protection, completely depigmented skin which has no melanin offers zero sun protection. Vitiligo sufferers who have successfully depigmented wear hats, long sleeves and long pants outdoors all the time to protect themselves from sun damage. Even on cloudy days, sunscreens with broad coverage are a must.

There exists no way yet to reverse the damage caused by monobezone.

Skin Bleaching With Monobenzone (Benoquin)
    Skin bleaching with monobenzone
    Nickol32 Posts: 116, Reputation: 10

Dec 19, 2010, 11:17 PM
    I've vitiligo and I use this medicine
    You should not use it on a normal skin you will harm yourself
    pocahantas Posts: 93, Reputation: 16

Dec 20, 2010, 02:26 AM
    Comment on Nickol32's post
    Cheers Nic, I have concluded as much, but always good to have re-confirmation. Hope things are getting better for you. X
    wantolight Posts: 47, Reputation: 4

Jan 5, 2011, 01:18 AM
    I'm going to fight my own battle , I'm going to depig my penis and genitals , I'm going to break the history
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 5, 2011, 06:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wantolight View Post
    i'm gonna fight my own battle , i'm gonna depig my penis and genitals , i'm gonna break the history
    Are you really serious?

This sounds like a sick joke to me.
    latinskin Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2011, 06:01 PM
    I'm on it about 2 months and it's all good. I think a big help is: NO SUN FOR YOU
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2011, 07:02 PM

Ahh mono just makes you patchy that's what happened to me I got white spots that I am STILL trying to neutralize, my only hope now is a hypo pig laser that cost 1000 a session, SO MY ADVICE IS Don't MESS WITH MONO PPL
    Cyrus_Armani Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2011, 12:11 AM
    Comment on wantolight's post
    You are a goof!!
    michaeljr Posts: 89, Reputation: 3

Dec 30, 2011, 06:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lighterrr View Post
    Ahh mono just makes you patchy that's what happened to me I got white spots that I am STILL trying to neutralize, my only hope now is a hypo pig laser that cost 1000 a session, SO MY ADVICE IS don't MESS WITH MONO people
    Even real Mono is a "scam" to normal skin and had same disastrous result for me, it fooled me the first month because it actually looked light it was whitening. I think it knocks out the very superficial layer of melanin in the epidermis but once after a month it reaches the dermis, the body and follicular melanocytes fight back fiercely or die. If you have vitiligo, some die. If you have normal skin, most get bigger and darker. I hope the laser worked for you. I had a few sessions of Ruby Pulse laser and it worked great for the stubborn spots on my face and hands, thanks God along with certain compounded products.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

About benoquin [ 19 Answers ]

hi every body am very sad women:(:mad: . I want to lighten my skin and I get tired of so many produts . Finally I decided to use benoquin:rolleyes: I will buy it from some one , he said that u are not having viltigo so I will give u penoquin monomethyle whish is not for viltigo it is for normal...

Marie, I hear you calling, Marie the night is falling,Marie will you keep calling me [ 2 Answers ]

"Marie, I hear you calling, Marie the night is falling, Marie will you keep calling me" Every time the word"calling" is sung, it's held and rises. Any hints re anything? Title, artist, lyrics? Probably early 1950s.

View more questions Search