Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aqg02v Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2010, 09:33 AM
    How do I put my name on my sons birth certificate
    My son is 2 years and 2 months old. His mother never put me on the birth certificate and she didn't give him my surname. I have a court order in place and I exercise regular contact with my son (including sleep overs). I also pay CSRA payments to her as she has informed them I am his father. There is no arguments from either party that I am the father. How do I get my name put on his birth certificate and will this mean I automatically have parental responsibility also? I live in England.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2010, 09:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqg02v View Post
    My son is 2 years and 2 months old. His mother never put me on the birth certificate and she didn't give him my surname. I have a court order in place and I exercise regular contact with my son (including sleep overs). I also pay CSRA payments to her as she has informed them I am his father. There is no arguments from either party that I am the father. How do I get my name put on his birth certificate and will this mean I automatically have parental responsibility also? I live in England.
    If you have had a paternity test done which established you as the legal father, are paying child support and have a court order granting you visitation rights, you already have parental responsibility. Adding your name to the BC won't add to or diminish your rights from where they are currently at.

I'm not 100% positive how it works in England but here's a link from eHow | How To Do Just About Everything! | How To Videos & Articles which gives information on adding your name in the U.S.
    How Do I Get My Name on My Child's Birth Certificate? | eHow.com
    A.ROD Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2010, 05:31 AM
    You need to contact the office of vital statistics for the state that your child was born in and ask them for the documents that you need to fill out you along with your sons mom need to fill the paper out and send it in

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My sons name is not been put on the birth certifecate.. mother put down father unknown [ 5 Answers ]

Can my son get his name put on his child's birth certifecate... The mother has put down father unknown when she knows his the father... being a first time grand mother it hurts... can the mother do this and lie Many thanks Elaine

If my sons father never signed the Birth Certificate does he have prental rights? [ 1 Answers ]

My son is almost 18 months old. His father was in prison when he was born do to that fact he wasn't around to sign the birth certificate and not to mention we were never married. When he got out of prison he didn't say he wanted to sign the certificate so therefore he still isn't on the birth...

How do I get my ex husbands name off my sons birth certificate [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 4 yr. old son and his biological dad and I are together now. I was married at the time I got pregnant and didn't know who was the dad. I got a divorce and in my divorce it states that my ex is not my sons father. My ex is on my sons birth certificate and my son has his last name as...

How can I get on my sons birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get on my sons birth certificate? My girlfriend is on it but I'm not at the moment.will it have any effect on my job money or benefits? As we don't live together.

Ammending my Sons birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I live in California and am try ing to amend my sons birth certificate to add the fathers name. A paternity test was done through the court and a paternity acknowledgement form was signed in court however a declaration of paterinty was never signed and now the father refuses to sign it (de doesn't...

View more questions Search