Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sxeci Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Dec 19, 2010, 06:20 AM
    question multiple choice return on capital employed
    the profit before interest extracted from a companys profit and loss account is $128000,interest expenses was $8000. Below is the balance sheet

fixed assets.. $485000
    net current assets.. $27000
    longterm liabilities-debentures... $80000

how much is return on capital employed?

the equation for this is profit before interest and tax/total assets-current liabilities

I am a bit confused with the part that says interest expense wa $8000... I don't know if I should add it to the profit before tax and then find the answer... that one that is puzzlying me because there is a profit before tax figure and also a interest expanse stated as was $8000... do I have to use the interset expense figure to calcultae this?. I did without the interest and I got 25% but I'm still thinking about the interest expense... okay I think I'm correct I not suppose to use the interest because it was added after the profit.. okay the answer is 25%
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2010, 08:20 AM

The formula calls for earnings before interest and taxes divided by capital employed. $128,000 is correct.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Multiple choice question having difficulty figuring out [ 6 Answers ]

A company may earn a profit during an accounting period but have less money in the bank at the end of the period than it had at the beginning. Which of the following on its own could explain this?. A)an increase in the depreciation charge relative to the previous accounting period B)an...

Multiple choice question [ 3 Answers ]

In a private ltd company a permissible capital payment can be made to redeem or purchase its own shares when a)it has insufficient distributable profits for the purpose b)it can raise the amount from a new issue c)it is not legally authorized to redeem them d)all of the above I believe the...

Return On Capital Employed [ 2 Answers ]

Operating Profit ----------------------------- 648750 Interest Payable ---------------------------- (55000) ----------- Profit before Tax --------------------------- 593750 ...

Multiple choice question [ 1 Answers ]

which event should not be recorded in a company ledger account: a)a bonus issue of shares b)a rights issue of shares c)a sale by a shareholder of shares at a price above nominal value d)an issue of the company shares at a price above nominal value i believe the answer is b but i am still...

View more questions Search