Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2007, 02:27 AM
    Excel - Merge Cells
    Any way to merge a number of cells into one cell, for example the title of many columns in a table?
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Jan 10, 2007, 02:45 AM
    Try concat this function joins strings, you can add " " between arguments.
    See attached zip
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: zip Book1.zip (1.5 KB, 121 views)
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2007, 03:00 AM
    I mean merge the cells so that more than one column is headed by a single cell, I know you can do it with word tables, but I can't find the option in excel. Maybe you can't do it because spreadsheets are less of a presentation tool.. :/
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Jan 10, 2007, 03:51 AM
    Select the 2 or more cells in the header row and then Format, Cells, Alignment, Check the Merge Cells.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calcium and cells [ 1 Answers ]

What is the meaning of dependent and anti-dependent CA+ (CALCIUM) and can you explain me please how do the cells attach to the flask?

Multi line cells in excel [ 4 Answers ]

Hey guys, any idea how to have multiple lines in a single cell in excel? I'm trying to make my table look a little neater, but it makes some of my comments overlap into following cells - is there any way to make the rows higher and to have 2 lines of text in a cell? Thanks in advance - Cap

Sleeper Cells [ 1 Answers ]

I saw this show for the first time last night. TV shows that I like leave me in suspense or curiosity... this one gives me the creaps! Can't wait to see the next episode.

Clicking differnet cells and it selecting all cells [ 2 Answers ]

Just wondered if anyone knew what I did to get ms excel to select all cells from A1 to what ever cell I clicked on. Thought it was sticky keys but it was turned off. Clicked left mouse button and it moved cells then when I clicked other cells it started using that as a new ref point and selecting...

Solar cells [ 1 Answers ]

I was flicking through the TV the other day and stopped on a science show that was talking about a new kind of solar cell,one that also absorbes infrared light . Has anyone heard of this breakthrough?and if so please tell me who is making these strides.Because being able to use the infrared would...

View more questions Search