Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2007, 01:49 AM
    Rash after mild exercise
    After a small amount of exercise (for example lifting buckets to replace the water in my mum's fish tanks), I often get a rash along the back of my arms and chest, along with a hot flush, I also get the same after walking for a while and stopping. The exercise isn't strenuous in any way, I'm not out of breath afterwards.

It only happens when the exercise stops, and doesn't happen when I do exercise that gets me out of breath. The hot flush disappears after a minute and the rash after 10.

When I mentionned it to my GP he suggested it may be an allergy to something, but there seems to be no regularity with that.

I also get blotchy skin after taking a hot shower, although not the same as the rash it may be connected.

Any ideas?
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2007, 02:43 AM
    Have you recently changed your washing powder? The reaction can occur after the body gets warm and there is more movement against the clothes, Blotchy skin after a shower I only go blotchy if the waters been to warm or the pressure was high.
    Im sure there will be others that may well be able to define a bit deeper for you.
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2007, 03:00 AM
    It happens even when I don't have a shirt on :|

I must add, it isn't itchy either.. just looks like a rash... raised bumps on the skin and redness
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2007, 04:43 AM
    Hugs I hope someone can help you further I really don't have any other suggestions xxxx sorry xxxx
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 10, 2007, 04:44 AM
    I'm thinking!!

How long has this been going on Cap?
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2007, 04:47 AM
    About a few years- I've always been blotchy after shower but the rash is a new thing
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 10, 2007, 04:50 AM
    It may be nothing more than your body's reaction to the slight exercise. You know how some people turn red in the face or get blotchy on the face and neck when they are nervous?
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2007, 05:02 AM
    I don't understand why it doesn't show under more strenuous exercise
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2007, 05:03 AM
    OOOO Cap maybe you just work through it and don't notice it coming and going when you do a full work out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rash comes and goes [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My 11 month old baby boy has had a fine red rash on his cheeks that comes and goes. It seems to really flare up when he's hot, after he wakes up, and sometimes after a bath. I've had doctors tell me that it's dry skin, and another one said my child was allergic to something. It's been...

Mild cramping, light bleeding [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: Hi I'm sure you guys proberly get this asked a lot but I'm new to this so I'm going to ask again.Can you tell me if I should be worried about slight to mild cramping(not painful just uncomfortable)and light bleeding(had a tampon in for 5 hrs removed and there were only 2 spots)r normal...

Rash [ 1 Answers ]

I woke up this morning with huge whelts all over my legs. They don't itch but, to the touch they are huge. Can anyone tell me what this may be?

Exercise and Eaten right [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, I'm doing really great in track. Track is helping my endurance and speed. But I have question what are some ways to eat right and stay in shape while doing track.

Mild Cramping and spotting when I wipe [ 4 Answers ]

I am 5 weeks and 5days pregnant and I have been spotting for about a week. I have had mild cramping but nothing major and the spotting is only when I go to the bathroom and wipe. It is mostly light brown to light pink. I have had some red but it was very little. I have not had clots or heavy...

View more questions Search