Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2010, 08:09 PM
    Redirect virus
    Google, Bing, Yahoo, search engines will not direct to the proper web site when prompted. Leads to a completely unintentional site.
    Firefox 3.6, IE7, Malwearbytes anti-virus, and McAfee, have found and quarantined malicious software, but the problem is still present.
    Any help to lead through the steps would be greatly appreciated.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Dec 18, 2010, 08:19 PM

Boot into safe-mode and re-run the scans. (Make sure the AV's are up-to-date).

What OS do you have?
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2010, 08:31 PM
    W xp
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Dec 18, 2010, 08:51 PM

Let me know the results of the scans in safe-mode and we'll go from there!
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2010, 06:13 AM
    After you've scanned, run HijackThis and post the log, we'll tell you what to click on and remove.

http://free.antivirus.com/hijackthis/
    AskME4 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Jan 13, 2012, 02:11 AM
    Hello,
    If you are talking about Google Redirect virus, there are a list of files which have to be deleted: Google Redirect Removal Guide

There are good answers too - http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080921141827AA62zde

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get rid of a Google redirect virus? [ 5 Answers ]

THe title explains it all. Rick P.S. Kaspersky, Ad-Aware or Malware Bytes don't pick it up. It's annoying

How long can the parvol virus stay in dogs system before it shows signs of the virus [ 3 Answers ]

Can the parvol virus stay in your dog for 5 weeks or so before it becomes sick. I bought a dog from a breeder and when I phone her to tell her my dog was sick and asked her if any of hers were sick, she told me no. By Saturday (3 days Later) she had cleared all those puppies from her house. She put...

Correct way to redirect a washer vent [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! We are extending my daughter's room by 2ft into the attic space to create a "box" effect. The only glitch we've ran into is the 1 1/2" washer vent pipe running right in the area that we need to cut out. My question is.... can we redirect the pipe by using a 90 degree elbow to run it below the...

Redirect/Site Blocking Virus [ 4 Answers ]

This is a nasty one. I run Symantec/Norton virus protection. But, my LiveUpdate for new definitions is blocked. I'm also blocked from downloading SpyBot, and AdAware doesn't catch it. I get redirects when I click on some results in Google and Yahoo, so I have to copy/paste those URLs to get...

Web Page Redirect [ 2 Answers ]

I opened my IE and my home page came up. As soon as it loaded it went to a page that could not be displayed and the address line read http:///. I tried to go into tools and it would come down then go right back up. I tried reinstalling IE 6.0 but it seemed not to work. I look in the control panel...

View more questions Search