Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    littleKhemiboo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2010, 10:35 AM
    Did he really cheat? Or is he telling the truth?
    Me and my boyfriend started talking in October, he was really nerdy and not my type but I decided to give him a chance cause he was nice and I decided I should be with a nice guy for once. We started officially going out in December and then a few weeks later he broke up with me because he said he wanted to spend time with his brother and family. He had just got out of a relationship with someone else. I was really confused because this guy tried so hard to get with me because I am a pretty girl and he never had a pretty cool girlfriend. So I was confused on why he would break up with me and why he couldn't stay with me and still see his brother and dad. Well after 3 days of being broken up he asked me back out and I said yes we've been dating for a year now and he is madly in love with me he does everything for me and will do anything ask. He pays for my cell phone insurance and everything. But then I heard a rumor that he cheated on me with a co worker who hated me. I talked to co worker and she told me that he did cheat on me in the beginning with her and that was why he broke up with me and made up the excuse about his brother and dad. She is really ugly and fat and don't understand why he would cheat on me with her. And if she's telling the truth because she was like obsessed with him and always try to make him break up with me. My boyfriend denies it sooo much he keeps crying and begging me to believe him but I don't know what to believe. Do you think he did cheat on me?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 17, 2010, 12:36 PM

I don't know if he cheated or not, but who do you believe, the nice nerdy guy, or the woman that hates you, and wants to break you up? I don't know who told you he cheated in the 3 days you were broken up, nor how they would know, but I do know that after a year since the incident supposedly happened, if you don't trust your boyfriend, you don't need to be with him. Things must not be as great as you say if rumor can come between you.

So who do you believe, as you are the only one to know all the players in this drama.
    littleKhemiboo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2010, 01:49 PM
    I do trust my boyfriend until now, I don't know who to believe. The girl sounds pretty convincing with her story. He called her while I was there, we pretend like I wasn't and he asked her why are you telling my girlfriend I cheated on her and she said she deserves to know the truth, and she's like so your telling me that you never came over to my place and he's like no I didn't and she's like wow why are you lying and hung up. So I got really pissed at that point. Now doesn't it seem like the guy that was "madly in love" with me who bought me a 400 dollar necklace when he's broke, sounds like the one who is lying?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Dec 17, 2010, 02:15 PM

There seems to be one major factor that you have over-looked in why he broke up with you. He had just ended a relationship. He may not have been certain he was ready for another relationship at that time, but then couldn't stay away for longer than three days.

He may be madly in love with you, but what are your feelings for him? You have had a year to get to know him. Is he the type who would lie to you? Is she?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Dec 17, 2010, 02:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by littleKhemiboo View Post
    I do trust my bf until now, I don't know who to believe. The girl sounds pretty convincing with her story. He called her while I was there, we pretend like I wasn't and he asked her why r u telling my gf I cheated on her and she said she deserves to know the truth, and she's like so your telling me that you never came over to my place and he's like no I didn't and she's like wow why are you lying and hung up. So I got really pissed at that point. Now doesn't it seem like the guy that was "madly in love" with me who bought me a 400 dollar necklace when he's broke, sounds like the one who is lying??
    So she tells a good story and, when he is disputing her 'facts' in a phone call that he doesn't know you can hear, she hangs up on him. Who are you accusing of lying?
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2010, 03:54 PM

He broke up, honestly what he did when then was his business. You have been back together for a year, he obviously hasn't been with anyone else during THIS TIME, and this is the ONLY TIME that you should worry about!!

You are just driving yourself and him NUTS by carrying on about this, even if he is lying about being with this girl during the time you were BROKE UP, he probably feels he has to, so you won't mess up this relationship!

So you either love him enough to get over this, or you need to let him go and move on with your life. Relationships have a lot of ups and downs, it how we handle them as a COUPLE that strenghthens that commitment. Good luck
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Dec 18, 2010, 05:00 AM
    What a nerve he has! You, being pretty and cool desirable and 'her' being fat and ugly, like, what's he thinking sleeping with her- imagine that, her over you. And he pays for your cell phone and insurance and everything, and you don't understand why he would cheat on YOU! Wow.

Pardon my sarcasm, but regardless of highly you think of yourself, and how highly you regard yourself in superficial ways, over a 'fat and ugly' co-worker, you don't have a problem, or shouldn't have a problem with another woman. Your problem is with him.

Perhaps there is more to him, than looks, and being with a 'cool' girlfriend, and maybe he's looking for little less judgmental person, with a little more maturity? Or was, as the case may be.

Maybe the fat, ugly co worker has something you don't, or didn't, who knows. If he did cheat with her, obvioulsy he wasn't bothered by her being fat and ugly.

While you're doing 'a nerd' a favour by gracing him with your relationship, I think that if the lack of substance in your maturity level continues, he may just find you're simply too much work to maintain.

Maybe another nerdy guy would jump at the opportunity to do everything you ask, and be more than happy to pay your bills, and wouldn't dream of sleeping with a fat, ugly woman, over you.

Surely it wouldn't be too difficult for you to find another.
    kaka67 Posts: 261, Reputation: 200

Dec 18, 2010, 05:24 AM

ERROR: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Jake2008 again.

Buying you a $400 necklace doesn't mean he's telling the truth.
    Her being fat and ugly doesn't mean he's telling the truth.

WHo knows what the truth is. Except that you're a pretty cool girlfriend.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm telling the truth! [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend thinks I'm cheating on him with my ex and I'm NOT!! He says he's seen me hugging my ex and I DON'T that's why he's my ex! He doesn't trust me when I'm totally telling tha truth! What should I tell him to make him believe me because I love him A lot! AnSwErS!

Did he cheat on me or was he telling me the truth? [ 16 Answers ]

O.k. so I'm going to just come right out and say this... I have trust issues with my boyfriend, not because of anything he's ever done but because of stuff in the past, and I've been working on it. One thing that's been bothering me though that I am afraid to bring up with him is this: He went...

Is he telling the truth? [ 8 Answers ]

I am 28 years old and have been in my current relationship for 18 months. I love my boyfriend and we have very recently bought a house. My boyfriend actually moved 300 miles to be with me. However, recently there have been a few things that have happened that have happened that have has brought...

Is he telling the truth? [ 1 Answers ]

I am grappling with trusting after three or four episodes in which my husband flirted with others; his co-worker, neighbor, young lady at the gym and his neighbor. After hearing a cellphone conversation I wasn't supposed to hear, in which he told her everything going on his life but didn't mention...

Is he telling truth [ 5 Answers ]

I think my boyfriend is lying to me, he always tells me he loves me and we are going to buy a house together. He tells me he has plenty money to take on a mortgage but I think different.

View more questions Search