Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Davect Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2010, 12:23 AM
    Database?
    Hello, needing a hand with a Project...
    School is out for a month, and I wanted to spend some time learning more about databases and how they work...
    My project in mind... I would like to create a database: point "A" to be able to store over 8000 contacts including names, phones, addresses & other FYI about each subject. This information needs to be retrievable from point "B" a web page with 2 frames, on the left some input boxes where I can type a contact name that displays all the info on the right frame including number, address and FYI. Mmm also a separate page, point "C" like a mini blog where I can type new info about a specific contact, (each contact needs a separate blog). Doesn't need need to be a blog, it can just be a regular page that can be update anytime... Hopefully, I make sense I'm not very techinical but I have taken HTML courses before, just need help connecting the data to the frame... I'm not sure how It can be done... I'm willing to do the reading so any suggestions will be appreciated... Thanks! Any questions don't hesitate to ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 17, 2010, 04:33 AM

It can be done, I would suggest using PHP and MYSQL. I assume you want to do this as a learning project since there are already several similar WEB sites.

If you just want to have this functionality try Quickbase.
    Davect Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2010, 11:42 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply Scott! Indeed, just as a learning experience are there any books that might come to mind for beginners..
    Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Database [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to ask about said topic.. is it good to do a reserch... any related topic in this you can help... Thanks

Database [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there! I would like to have some detailed information about This topic:- Specify the hardware needed to support Database system, supporting your reasoning with argument and a detailed rationale. Waiting for your reply Cheers Reetika

How do I connect to a database [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm having problems connecting to my database. I have had my site working perfectly on brinkster, but when I've moved it over to my new host it doesn't work. How do I know what way I should be connecting to the database i.e. DNS-less, system DNS or file DNS etc. Could some one...

Database [ 1 Answers ]

In a database I have inputed a subform. The subform adds up totals of plants by adding Price*quantity. That is fine, the problem I have is that I want to have a box that adds up all the plants totals to give an overal price. Anyway you can help me? Thanks

View more questions Search