Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alialauddin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2010, 04:37 PM
    I have one christian friend named Ernie,he is good friend of me.
    Ernie is 40 years old.He is like my brother and friend and he share me every thgn so last day I ask him that what is the purpose of christmis in your religion as he is simple christmis so he told me something about his religion and he send me this about what their believe is.and he said that he wants to share something interesting that he thought that I would share with all my friends:
    Q: What is the shortest chapter in the Bible?
    A: Psalms 117
    Q: What is the longest chapter in the Bible?
    A: Psalms 119
    Q: Which chapter is in the center of the Bible?
    A: Psalms 118
    Fact: There are 594 chapters before Psalms 118
    Fact: There are 594 chapters after Psalms 118
    Add these numbers up and you get 1188.
    Q(think) What is the center verse in the Bible?
    A: Psalms 118:8
    Q(think) Does this verse say something significant about God 's perfect will for our lives?
    The next time someone says they would like to find
    God's perfect will for their lives and that they want to
    Be in the center of His will, just send them to the
    Center of His Word!

Psalms 118:8
    "It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man."
    Now isn't that odd how this worked out (or was God in the center of it)
    [02:48:39] Ernie Ferland: http://www.centralchurchofgod.org/

So what your point of view about this... thnx
    Just_Another_Lemming Posts: 437, Reputation: 211

Dec 17, 2010, 08:33 AM

My point of view is: according to these web sites (click on links below), the above information your friend encouraged you to share with your friends is not correct as presented.

Not Center Verse of the Bible: Psalm 118:8 (The Prayer Foundation)

snopes.com: Center of the Bible

I am glad your friend is a good friend to you. However, he is just repeating something that was told to him and appears to be passing it along as the truth without taking the time to verify it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My best friend asked me out [ 13 Answers ]

I've had this best friend for 4 years, I can talk to him about everything. He's the person that i go 2 when im hurt and just knows what to say when im hurt. He's been with me through everything but i just never saw him as a boyfriend. know i dont know what to do?

What should I do with my best friend [ 3 Answers ]

We been close friends fro last 5 years 2 months ago for what reason things changed she start try to keep away from her , and for this I started push back , she told me I am too pushy and I came to close to her and invade her space , the problem she opened the doors wide to me and when I won't to...

CONFUSED? What should I do be a best friend or a good friend? [ 3 Answers ]

What should I do?? My friend met this guy not too long ago and he seems to like her very much and she used to also. This guy became one of my good friends. And she is planning to break up with him. I don't want her to I meen they seem to be getting along just fine why should they go throw it all...

Family Or friend ? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been practically best friends with this boy I know, and we both share a passion for acting and we get on fantastically. I went on holiday though last week, and got back earlier on today and came back to find that my step sister has had an argument with my best friend. I know your probably...

View more questions Search