Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nurse27248 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2007, 06:19 PM
    Missed Period/Negative Pregnancy Test
    I am four days late for my period, and today on the fourth day I have a light brown discharge when I use the bathroom and I wipe. My periods are always right on time, I have had no blood. Me and my husband are trying to have a baby, and we do not use protection of any kind. I am 24, I took a home pregnancy test and it was negative. I have been really tired lately, light cramping, and my lower back is killing me, and my smell senses are very highten. Could I be pregnant?:confused:
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2007, 07:12 PM
    To me it sounds as though you are gearing up for your period. The light discharge could be telling you that you will start very soon. The cramping doesn't usually take place so early in pregnancy. Pretty sure that the cramping doesn't start until a little farther into the pregnancy, with the growth of the uterus. (atleast the cramping has never started that early in any of my pregnancies. Same for the backaches.) If it is four days after your missed period, and the test is still negative, I don't think that you are preggy this month.If your period doesn't start within the next few days, you might consider a pregnancy blood test, and or a visit with your doctor. Wanting a baby so badly, we women can often trick our minds into thinking " this must be it! I have all the symptoms, and my period is late" but really we are causing the symptoms with wishful thinking, and delaying our period with the stress of it. The mind is a very powerful thing, when you want something so badly. Possibly this isn't the case, for you. Here is some advice. If you aren't pregnant this month, take a deep breath, sit back and relax, and decide that when it happens, it happens. Wanting a baby so badly, and getting your hopes up and stressing over it every month, it can be so harmful not only physically from the stress, but emotionally, as we set ourselves up for heartache if it didn't happen this month. And it can put a strain on your relationship with hubby. Sex becomes a duty and a project. And when it doesn't happen, it feels like a disappointment, feels like you must be doing something wrong. It loses all of the beauty and awesome appeal, and instead of bring you and hubby closer, it can actually form a quickly widening gap. I understand how you feel. I set myself up for heartache over nad over every month for at least 8 months. I bought an endless amount of pregnancy tests, and was heartbroken when they came up negative. When I finally decided that it would happen when the time was right, and not a moment before, and I would just enjoy the ride, that is when I got pregnant. It took us a year. So don't get discouraged. Maybe this is your month. But if it isn't, just think of it as a to be continued. Best of wishes, and let me know what happens.
    sugarplum1985 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 04:26 AM
    To me it sounds like you could be pregnant just because your pregnancy test is negative it doesn't mean that you aren't with me 1st pregnancy I took 5 test before it came up positive and with my 2nd pregnancy I knew I was pregnant but the tests were coming up negative until I was 6 weeks pregnant, the best thing to do is to wait a week and then test again, and the blood that you are experiencing could be your baby implating in your womb, good luck ill keep my fingers crossed for you x
    Cat512 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 03:35 PM
    So what ended up happening I am in the same boat but no discharge.
    ghost56 Posts: 283, Reputation: 26

Mar 5, 2007, 11:38 AM
    Some women can have what is called early pregnancy bleeding, but any woman who thinks she may be pregnant and is bleeding, should ask the doctor to take a prgnancy blood test to check as she should be recieveing prenatal care if she is. But is is not a common occurrence.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Negative test and pregnancy symptoms [ 14 Answers ]

I am so confused my periods are usually irregular I was supposed to of started my period around April 17 or so but, I had unprotected sex with my husband April 20th. I am not on birth control. Well on May 1st I had what I thought was my period and I think was my period but, it lasted 2 days. It...

Missed period but negative pregnancy test [ 7 Answers ]

I am 4 days late I have always been regular for as long as I can remember A few weeks ago I learned I had a urinary tract infection and I went to the doctor to get it treated I haven't had any signs since could that be why I am late. I also had intercourse around the time this month I would or...

Missed Period/ Negative pregnant. Test [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm joelle and I'm 21 yrs old. I went off the mircette birth control pill in October and for two months I had periods that came about 6 weeks apart... before going off the pill and before I started the pill they were like clockwork every 28 days. But I did get those two periods of normal length...

Causing a negative pregnancy test? [ 2 Answers ]

I a supposed to leave for Basic Training next week... A few weeks ago I found out I was pregnant, had a d&c, so I a no longer pregnant. However, my hcg levels are still being detected by a pregnancy tests. Is there anything I can drink or do to get my hcg levels to drop back to normal more quick?...

Missed Period for 2 months but tests are NEGATIVE [ 18 Answers ]

Hello, Iam 22 and Iam really nervouse and scared.. Iam married but me and my husband began to use condoms instead of any birth control pill or patches. Before I got married and began to use the Ortha Evora Patches I sometimes had irregular periods( I wouldn't get it for weeks or even a few...

View more questions Search