jaidognuts Posts: 6, Reputation: -3

Dec 15, 2010, 07:25 PM
    Sunburn
    How do I stop my sunburnt from peeling?
    God bless you all
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2010, 07:48 PM
    Based on your previous answers to nonreligious questions I should cite M.M.L.orJ.

Medical treatments are typically focused on pain... nsaids.

You have fundamentally damaged your skin. Your skin is responding by thickening the outer layer because you can't be trusted with your own skin.

Use aloe vera products and avoid oils.
    jaidognuts Posts: 6, Reputation: -3

Dec 16, 2010, 08:51 PM
    Comment on kp2171's post
    I don't no what M.M.L or J. is.
    And I have tried those and they haven't worked
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2010, 09:22 PM
    Matthew, mark, luke, john.

Free radical damage kills cells. UV light is used in the medical industry to do just that... kill bacteria that could harm you. So... obviously you didn't want this, but not wanting it doesn't mean there isn't a debt to pay. You killed cells with unprotected exposure. The above advice, non greasy lotions and aloe vera, is what my hospital would tell you. The baking soda or vinegar bath is about pH balance. Oral fluids. Pain management for what is typically a first degree burn. Sometimes second. Aspirin can help with inflammation as well as pain.

So... you still peel. k. sorry. Stop it. Modern medicine has little to offer you other than stop causing genetic mutations in your skin. Pretty please?

Your body is genetically programed to do what it does every time you fail to protect yourself. Thicken the layer, then slough off the skin. You can pray that this won't happen, but it likely will.

What can I do to prevent myself from getting a concussion when tackled by a 350 lb football player? Don't get caught in the first place.

If the most common remedies, used by medical care providers, don't work... uhm. Well. I don't know what else to turn to other than false hope.

Accept that you are killing your own cells and you are exposing yourself to radiation and the price to pay is the body does the best it can to compensate for what the mind cannot take care of.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sunburn [ 5 Answers ]

Got Sunburn today :( Any remedies or tips to help the redness to go down? Or anything that might help it heal or hurt less?

Bad Sunburn [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I got a really bad sunburn on my face 2 days ago I've been using aloe when I can!! But it has already began to peel and the skin under the peeling skin is really red what should I do or can I do to get rid of the redness

Sunburn [ 3 Answers ]

Long story short... 5 hours of drunken river tubing with minimal sunblock. From about an inch above my ankle to my knee is fried... but that's not really the issue. My ankles and feet have swollen so much it's hard to walk on them... I was thinking about going to the hospital... and I read some...

Help! Sunburn! [ 1 Answers ]

I went out to the beach the other day with some friends. Unfortunately we forgot to reapply the sun cream and when I realised I started getting slightly pink I went to go put some more cream on, but couldn't find our sunscream bottle, so I had to use the life gaurds. I woke up this morning and am a...

Sunburn [ 11 Answers ]

Tell me what you think... My boyfriend is out in the sun most of the day, from around 11 until about 4. How long do you think is too long? and how long until he gets skin cancer? I try to tell him everyday that its not good for him but he just won't listen. Any advice?

View more questions Search