Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jessyfay Posts: 164, Reputation: 4

Mar 16, 2007, 05:35 PM
    If I'm visiting a guys house and the toilet seat was up when I went into the bathroom, I'll put it back up when I leave the bathroom. I don't think just the toilet seat should remain down but the toilet lid as well. In my house you have to put down not just the seat but the lid too. That way everybody lifts.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2007, 07:34 PM
    It's to get even with us for always leaving the toilet seat up.
    tasanjan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2007, 07:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello:

Why do women have to be so disrespectiful of men? They always leave the toilet seat down. I don't know what I'm going to do about this.

excon
    Flip up the seat before you pi, put back the seat after you finish pi,it that easy, I see some sign at gym it say put it back down after you finish. It is picky but I just do it.
    tinsign Posts: 275, Reputation: 66

Mar 18, 2007, 07:56 PM
    HA HA HA HA HA why do men have to be so disrespectful leaving it up?. us poor women stumble to toilet barely awake and wella next thing you know splash are fannys in the bowl.. now try that one on when you have had just a wee bit too much drinking and not exactly coordinated.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2007, 08:17 PM
    If you keep the lid down, the dog won't drink out of it.
    whiteladybug2002 Posts: 235, Reputation: 36

Mar 18, 2007, 08:21 PM
    Ha Ha
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 19, 2007, 05:23 AM
    We have two bathrooms and she can leave the seat anyway she wants, and I can leave mine any way I want. So it doesn't matter who's drunk, as long as you go to the right bathroom. There's the answer to all the problems, two bathrooms!!
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2007, 05:41 AM
    I'm thinking a camera with face recognition software and a motor controlled seat. I would make millions.

Edit: I meant me and excon would make millions.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2007, 11:12 AM
    Hello:

Why do women have to be so disrespectiful of men? They always leave the toilet seat down. I don't know what I'm going to do about this.

excon
    Get rid of the women you are entertaining. ;)

(I am jealous. Boohoo.)
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2007, 11:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyPitbull
    Get rid of the women you are entertaining. ;)
    Hello again, Ruby:

Nahhh. I'll just put up with the seat. Can't get rid of my women. I love my women. They just don't understand toilet seat etiquette. But, I don't love 'em cause they know lot's about etiquette...

excon
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2007, 11:37 AM
    Well, since you insist on breaking my heart, and you refuse to give up all those other women, in lieu of the expense of putting in another toilet or a urinal as others suggest, get a placard created that reads:

"Put toilet seat back up where you found it - signed, Management"

Hang it right above the toilet tank or the sink, wherever you think these "ladies" will look first.
    tiggerella Posts: 184, Reputation: 13

Mar 20, 2007, 12:08 PM
    All I can say is that my husband and I just eventually agreed to disagree on a few of our differences - and I now try to keep the frustration release down to a little muttered cursing when "things go wrong" in the bathroom. Somehow, sitting on the toilet muttering little blasphemies at one's mate in the middle of the night gets to feeling silly in real short order.

Of course, I can't say the toilet seat thing is one-sided. Hubby and I share these experiences:
    We've both had cold, wet bottoms from expecting the ring to be down when it was left up.
    We've both sat on the toilet cover during one of those rare moments when it was left totally shut down. (Particularly alarming when we had a furry toilet seat cover and several housecats.)
    And we've both sat on a wet spot on the ring when someone missed the center (me) - or forgot to put the seat up before starting (him).
    200194 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 12:22 PM
    Hello:

excon
    Men are supposed to respect women as women are supposed to resepect men. To be a gentalman it is respectable to put the toilet seat down; woman leave it down to look better if quests come round. Don't get so strests about nothing!
    Could you look at my question please I am 200194.
    gypsy456 Posts: 319, Reputation: 48

Mar 24, 2007, 09:03 PM
    This is very interesting...

I am from Europe and there it is very normal for a man to put the toilet seat down after he used it :) :) :) :)

Thanks for sharing :)
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2007, 09:06 PM
    Guess there are more gentlemen to be found in Europe than in the USA.
    daizeebug Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Mar 24, 2007, 09:16 PM
    Lol I like it down, when I come home I'm in a hurry to pee and don't have time to check!. until it's too late
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2007, 05:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allheart
    To be truthful, hubby, leaves it up...and once I forgot...not very comfortable and gives a bit of a cold shock :eek: , and for that split moment...I really didn't like hubby at all, not even a little.
    Yeah, I've always suspected it had to do with something like this! But whatever happened to "look before you leap?"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Seat Cut Rafters [ 4 Answers ]

I'm building a garage and want to use 2 x 6 rafters gable roof. How do I figure the length of the rafters and the angle of the plum and seat cut? I'm just pouring the slab. Then I'll build the walls and then the rafters, decking and composition roof. The span will be 20 feet and the rise I guess...

Can You Disable Power Drivers Seat [ 1 Answers ]

--- If Yes ( Pull Fuse ?) Can You Manually Adjust Seat? Foam Insaulation Can Exploded Under Seat -- Controls Still Active -- Can Hear -- No Movement- Want To Manhandle Seat To Neww Position ( Stuck On Hubbie's Setting -- I Can't Even Reach Gas Pedal) Any Suggestions? All Would Be ...

Leaking tiled shower seat [ 8 Answers ]

A month ago, there was a leak from my second floor tiled shower into the first floor dining room. I had a tile guy come out. He thought it was the tile on the shower seat causing this. He replaced the tile. However, now it is no longer leaking into the first floor ceiling, but the water leaks down...

View more questions Search