Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pibby2000 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2007, 03:41 PM
    96 Honda Civic... Misfire code
    I have a 96 Civic Hatchback with a 1.6L. My engine would misfire (engine light would come on) only when the engine is under strain... such as climbing a hill in 5th gear or over 100kph... when I'm scooting around town it's fine. I've replaced the spark plugs , ignition wires, distributor cap and rotor... but it still will misfire under the same circumstances... I don't know what to do next!! Could it be a fuel problem?

Thanks Pat
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2007, 03:57 PM
    Replacing the igniter and coil should solve the problem. Remember to coat the back of the igniter with silicone grease before installing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honda Civic CODE 15 [ 8 Answers ]

I have honda civic 92, My car will die every morning when check engine light comes up every day. It can be start it again by reseated fuse for ECU (15 amp) within 5 minutes time frame, I check the error code, it has code 41 and 15, I changed the oxgen sensor but the sympton still there. During the...

92-95 civic trouble code retreival problem, please help [ 7 Answers ]

My 95 civic died mysteriously the other day. The coil appears to be bad. I replaced the coil, and still no spark. I tried to check trouble codes, but when the 2-pin green connector is shorted, and key turned on, the check engine light comes on and stays on always.. . Then the SRS light starts...

94 civic check engine light code #1 [ 2 Answers ]

I just put a new engine in my civic(I called honda to make sure it was the right one) and the check engine light is coming on with a code #1 which is oxygen sensor problem so I replaced it but it is still on and when the car idols it goes high to low rpms.

91 Civic no start/Trouble code 15 [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, Things that have been changed out with new parts, the Main Relay, The complete Distributor. Fuel pump and all of the Fuses Grounds and wireing has been checked. I am getting a trouble code 15 indicitave of a no signal from Distributor. All of the wiring seems fine, have any of you run into...

Honda civic dpfi problem code 16 [ 1 Answers ]

My civic is not starting and I checked the ingition system which is OK. I ECU is flashing a code 16. Im not sure how to go about checking the fuel system, not sure what to look for? Or how to tell whether something is working right. Please help a bratha out! Thanks nocalhomie :eek:

View more questions Search