Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kansasgal Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2010, 01:47 PM
    Hi! I live in Kansas and got a letter for non-earnings garnishment?
    I had heard that they could start holding 25% of my check real soon. I worked for 6 weeks through a temp service and now my hours are going part time. I don't understand this letter and request hearing letter. I got 2 sets of papers. I went to court on one and told the judge that I can't pay it and I will be filing bankruptcy when I got a job and some money. I read on these 2 papers that I got it said the judgement was granted a month after I went to court for the one. I had never gotten anything before on the second letter or anything. But it is the same company that must had bought the debt. I am confused. I got stuck with these credit cards after my divorce. I now have another card going after me and my ex. And I have no idea which one that is. I need help and if anyone knows of anybody that can help me I would greatly appreciate it. I don't know if Kansas has someone that can help me either file bankruptcy cheap or something. I am looking for a new job as my hours are anywhere from 8 to 38 hours a week. It just depends if I am needed that day or not.
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Dec 14, 2010, 05:49 PM
    Sounds like you got a judgement,and at this point there is little you can do but pay it. The judge does not care if you can't pay it or not. Did you try to work out a payment plan prior to the court hearing?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I live in Illionis an I just recvied a letter from the state saying I have to appear [ 2 Answers ]

I just received a letter stating I have to appear in court this month for child support that was ordered by the state NOT me.The child's father has not been in his life an has not paid anything to support him.It is now 11 years later an we are not wanting child support.Now I have received medical...

How to write letter of abandonment of a unit when a tenant live his property [ 2 Answers ]

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: how do I write a letter of abandoment when a tenant live his property in aunit

Garnishment letter [ 1 Answers ]

I received a garnishment letter from a law firm for back rent. Last payment was in December of 2001. Is there a statue of limitations on this? I cannot afford to pay this. What can I do now?

Garnishment of SSI & Retirement Funds-letter to your bank [ 1 Answers ]

This is a memorandum I found written by The Texas Legal Services Center regarding notifying your bank that your accounts are only funded by non-exempt funds such as social security, VA benefits, Civil Service Retirement, etc. It has a sample letter. Even though this is from Texas, I believe it...

Anti garnishment letter [ 2 Answers ]

The value of a couple of investment houses in Michigan fell so drastically that I had no choice but to foreclose. I had 2nd mortgages on both and just received a letter that they plan on collecting. I now live in TX where I understand my wages cannot be garnished and my question is, if I supply...

View more questions Search