Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chippp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2010, 10:03 AM
    How to change defrost cycle jumper(wire) on carrier heat pump
    How to change from 90 minute to 30 minute defrost cycle on a Carrier 10 seer, model 38YCC? I'm thinking it's switching the pin/wire from 90 to 30 on circuit board. Thanks.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat Pump blows 5amp fuse when switching between defrost & back to heat. Them Heat work [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Heat Pump System. It’s about 5 years old and has functioned OK until this Christmas Eve. One problem is the condensing unit is not kicking back on after it goes into defrost mode. I found a 5AMP fuse blown in the attic unit and once replaced it functioned. At least for a day or two...

How to wire a condenser fan motor for carrier heat pump [ 3 Answers ]

I ordered an AOSmith OCC1026 and they sent me OCC1026A. Specs seem the same, except the end without axle has open slots unlike old motor which was a solid plate. Is this a problem? I have a rain shield for the top and the motor would sit vertical. I thought I read somewhere that the occ1026a is...

Heat Pump Defrost Cycle [ 1 Answers ]

My new Payne heat pump condenser unit has frost around the coils. The defrost cycle does not seem to be coming on. Could it be a control wiring problem? And, is the defrost thermostat considered a outdoor thermostat?

Carrier heat pump works fine so far, won't go into defrost mode [ 1 Answers ]

I have a carrie heat pump that is working fine so far. It still provide heat for my home. It just dose not go in to defrost mode to defrost the out side unit. I have read to put the unit in auxialry mode to get a few extra defrost cycles in, but when I read the flash codes it never say anything...

Heat Pump defrost cycle [ 1 Answers ]

Hopefully my question isn't redundant. Earlier this year I changed my thermostat from a manual to a programmable thermostat. The cooling and heating aspects seem to work fine but I have noticed that during the defrost cycle the aux heat doesn't appear to come on since I changed the thermostat. ...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.