Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cozoDOP2 Posts: 112, Reputation: 0

Dec 12, 2010, 06:56 PM
    Why Fast food restaurants Have signs saying their food might cause Cancer?
    I saw a sign outside jackn the box, saying that their foods are cooked in something that creates their food to have posibliity of causing cancer. My question is... if that's a risk to consumers, then why even make the food that way?

Can't they cook it in a healthier form? And doesn't the FDA have anything to say? Why do they allow this
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 18, 2010, 12:49 AM

They don't need to change their cooking habits, nor is there anything illegal about selling food or any other products that may cause cancer. If there was, cigarettes wouldn't be manufactured.

They've done what they need to do. They've alerted the public. Now it's up to you to decide whether you want to eat there and take the risk.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2010, 05:12 AM

Why do you need the FDA to do anything? There is clear warning at the restaurant, and customers can make the choice.

The FDA already did what they feel necessary, there is the warning sign.

Ever read a gasoline pump? May cause cancer.

Barbecued food at home may cause cancer. Do you warn your guests?

Sunlight causes cancer.

Now what? Only go out after dark?

Alcohol causes cancer. And that includes what is in NyQuil, vanilla extract, and so on.

As far as I know,we are all going to die somehow.

My point is as soon as one is born, there are risks.

At least, after so many years, now society has gotten more knowledgeable, and there are warnings. Too many if you ask me. How did our ancestors 100 years ago ever make it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marijuana VS Fast Food [ 7 Answers ]

I was wondering, what would be worse for your overall health IN GENERAL, a fast food (only) diet, or smoking a joint's worth (or more?) of marijuana for each instance one would eat a fast food meal pertaining to the diet? Lethargy aside.

I eat sandwiches daily thinking it's not fast food, IS IT fast food and is it bad me? [ 6 Answers ]

Lunch is almost always homemade Ham/Turkey and cheese with lettuce, onions, etc sandwiches. The bread I use is the simple sliced sandwich bread(Sara Lee or other). Is it that bad?? I'm 30 and I do plenty of exercise and eat overall healthy

Fast food [ 0 Answers ]

How can I start a fast food hub with INR two hundred thousand in New Delhi , India with good sales.

Fast food. [ 7 Answers ]

Why does everyone like fast food? Is it because it is fast? Or is it because some people are too lazy to wait at a reasturant? :eek:

View more questions Search