Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beth1954 Posts: 11, Reputation: 4

Jan 9, 2007, 11:06 AM
    Questions for new co-workers
    My daughter's potential new boss wants her to meet who might be her co-workers. My daughter is pretty shy and doesn't know what to say to them. She is hoping they are pretty talkative. If that's the case she'll probably do all right. What kind of questions could she ask these people without sounding like a real dork?? :confused:
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2007, 07:59 PM
    Where did you buy your toupee?
    Oh, that is your real hair? My bad.

Oh, you want her TO get the job.

Better not say that then.

Best advice is to be herself.

What are her interests, hobbies. That is if THEY ask her.

However, most people like to talk. So have HER take an interest in what they like to do.

Have her ask them what movies they like, music, hobbies. Then tell her to make sure she appears to be very interested in what they are saying.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2007, 08:30 PM
    In general she may ask them about their job, how they like working there, and sometimes there are personal items on or by their desk you ask about.

A big rule in interviews, you look at the bosses office and find out about him, by certificates, photos and more.

But it appears that the fellow workers may also be giving the boss their opinion of they think they can work with this person or not also. So polite and listen may be the best bet
    beth1954 Posts: 11, Reputation: 4

Jan 12, 2007, 08:51 AM
    That is very good advice! Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you reopen a Workers Comp Case? [ 3 Answers ]

I was hurt at work over 2 yrs ago and went to court 2 yrs later. My lawyer didn't supena any of the witnesses I gave him. The other parties that were for the other side lied. Needless to say the judge denied my claim. My lawyer told me that to appeal the case I would never win, so I tried doing...

A lien on a workers comp case... [ 4 Answers ]

If the father of a 13 year old boy receives workers comp and doesn't pay Child Support, there is a lien against his case but how long until I receive any asst from him?

Co-Workers? [ 16 Answers ]

All right easy question... Asking out people you work with, rules, thoughts? I go to different locals all the time as a Tech, but I have a few select girls I'd like to ask out, but what are the rules? How forward should one be about it? In a less formal situation I got it down but when...

Who is right? My accountant or my co-workers? [ 3 Answers ]

I presently live in a tax free state (NH). My primary office is in MA (has state taxes). My position requires that sometimes I must travel out of MA for 1 to several days during any calendar year. I also have been very recently approved to work from home (NH) 3 days each week. When filing my...

What to do if two co workers are spreading lies about you? [ 6 Answers ]

I have never used this web site before and Im at my witts end. I work as a hairdresser in a small shop and two out of five co-workers are telling my boss that Im doing things Im just not doing. One of them is telling my boss that she is physically scared of me and that I threatened the other one...

View more questions Search