Ask
    Jodyth Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2010, 02:21 PM
    How to remove a cast iron toilet flange to install a pvc no hub flange
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Dec 12, 2010, 02:40 PM

Jody...

Why don't you tell us what is wrong with the cast iron flange first. Perhaps we have an idea or two that can salvage the old flange.

For example, if one toilet bolt slot is broken you could use a SPANNER FLANGE to span the gap/break and easily salvage the old flange... see image.

Back to you...

Mark
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet Flange Offset or Replace Cast Iron Main with PVC? [ 1 Answers ]

Let me start by saying I am remodeling a small slab house in Englewood, FL. This cinder block house was built in 1950 and has a cast iron main sewer pipe under the toilet. I might add that I am not living in this house during the remodel. I am both new to remodeling and also new to this forum...

Connecting a PVC shower flange to cast iron [ 2 Answers ]

I need to connect my pvc shower drain to the cast iron, so I get my shower pan poured. This is a repair and there is old concrete for a base. There is an inch and a half around the cast iron about 7 inches deep. There is room to get a boot on to couple them, but there is absolutely no room to...

How do I remove cemented pvc pipe from cast iron hub? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I am doing a bathroom remodel and this includes moving the toilet to the opposite side of the soil stack from where it is now. I have read all about using Fernco donut etc. to install a new PVC pipe into my cast iron hub but the problem I have is that the current PCV pipe that is attached...

How do I seal pvc toilet flange to cast iron drain pipe [ 1 Answers ]

Just bought a house with damaged toilet. Existing plumbing is pvc toilet flange inserted into cast iron drain line. The flange is loose and needs to be refastened to the floor, subfloor condition permitting . How do I seal the pvc toilet flange to cast iron drain pipe to ensure no sewer gas leak?

Cast iron toilet flange the bolt holes will not hold how do we fix it and the flange [ 1 Answers ]

We have a cast iron flange and the bolt holes are not useable can we cut off the top and add a new plastic flange

View more questions Search