I can't open my files with paint,
    Here is the error message

AppName: mspaint.exe AppVer: 5.1.2600.0 ModName: mfc42u.dll
    ModVer: 6.0.8665.0 Offset: 00017103

What should I do?
    arcanehacker Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2003, 12:08 AM
    Microsoft Paint
    Maybe try reinstalling the Paint under Control Panel >> add/remove programs >> Windows Component..

Under it. Remove the check box for Paint. Apply and then restart your system. Then go back there and check the box again to reinstall.
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Apr 7, 2003, 02:20 AM
    Microsoft Paint
    Your paint registry files have probably been messed up. Luckily, it's an easy fix.

Try this:

Open the registry editor (Start-->run, type regedit)

Delete this key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre nt Version\Applets\Paint

Now restart Paint, and it should work.

For more information and detailed instructions, look here: http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;q185501

Hope this helps,
    ~psi42

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lead paint [ 2 Answers ]

Does any one know what year they stopped using lead paints? I have some old matchbox cars I would like to give to my kids but don't want to give the ones that might contain lead paint.

Flat Paint [ 1 Answers ]

I have some flat latex paint and would like to use it in the bathroom. Is there anything I can add to the paint ot make it #1 semi glossy and #2 Mildew resistant?

20 layers of paint! [ 6 Answers ]

Purchased a 100 yr. old home... need to save $ with DIY projects... does anyone have a recommendation of the absolute best product to remove some 20 layers of paint on bannisters/doors/frames? Thanks a bunch.:

Paint color => new -v- old [ 5 Answers ]

We repainted a wall in our home. We used some paint remaining from the past (painted 4 years ago). Our intent was to keep a gallon for touch ups. However, the paint is lighter, in color, than the surrounding walls. Same paint, same mix lot. Painted 24 hours ago. Will it darken?

Tar vs. Paint Chipping... [ 2 Answers ]

There has been some tar on my front bumper, on the part even with the hood of the car (engine, etc... ) I went today November 7, 2005 to go wash the whole car anyway cause it was dirty, While I was using the high pressure rinse on the tar area, I noticed the was some paint chipping occurring. What...

View more questions Search