Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2010, 07:41 AM
    Fox News Calls For Assassination Of Julian Assange

There is something very wrong with your country, you need to fix it please.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2010, 08:43 AM
    Hello NK:

The only thing good about Fox News is that it exposes nutty thinking, that NOBODY in their right mind, could possibly believe that anyone possesses - ESPECIALLY in a country that believes in the rule of law...

I've been involved in politics my entire life. I UNDERSTAND the Constitution and WHY it was written... I went to war to support those beliefs... Frankly, as a young sailor, I thought ALL Americans supported freedom. No, huh?

I am STILL, to this day, blown away by some of the things my fellow Americans have to say. They look you straight in the eye, and say, WE are the freedom loving party - NOT you - whilst consulting their LIST of people who DON'T qualify.

Here's what Ron Paul has to say. He's da man!

excon
    Just_Another_Lemming Posts: 437, Reputation: 211

Dec 11, 2010, 09:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Not sure how I can do that. Any suggestions?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2010, 09:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Another_Lemming View Post
    Not sure how I can do that. Any suggestions?
    No I don't have any. I'm simply too stunned at the moment.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2010, 02:05 PM
    Absolutely unbelievable
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2010, 02:07 PM

You mean Bob Bechel the liberal Democrat stategist on FOX ? No surprise there . I have repeatedly shown that on FOX there are a diversity of opinion between the various guests on the programs as opposed to the monilithic group think at MSNBC .

I have called for his arrest and prosecution . That process is underway . Apparently AG Holder is getting on the case now that the Clintoon's ox has been gored.
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2010, 02:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    You mean Bob Bechel the liberal Democrat stategist on FOX ? No suprise there . I have repeatedly shown that on FOX there are a diversity of opinion between the various guests on the programs as opposed to the monilithic group think at MSNBC .

I have called for his arrest and prosecution . That process is underway . Apparently AG Holder is getting on the case now that the Clintoon's ox has been gored.
    Tom I would have thought that to openly discuss an assassination for political purposes was criminal conspiracy. This goes beyond freedom of speech. Assange has opened a lot of wounds but it is yet to be proven he has personally committed any crimes in the US or anywhereelse. As our own Krudd who's position has been exposed and hurt by these leaks has said it is the US not Assange who is responsible for these leaks
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

Dec 11, 2010, 03:52 PM

Wow. You sure have some interesting TV going on over there.
    Incredible.

WikiLeaks 'rape' victims had hidden agendas ... and I've seen the proof says Assange lawyer | Mail Online
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2010, 05:03 PM

Clete ,freedom of speech is a b*tch . There was a Broadway play with the premise of the asssasination of GW Bush.. In fact it was called 'Assassination of George Bush' . I did not hear too much protest from the Democrat side of the aisle here over that .I heard it called artistic expression .
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 11, 2010, 05:11 PM
    Clete ,freedom of speech is a b*tch . There was a Broadway play with the premise of the asssasination of GW Bush..In fact it was called 'Assassination of George Bush' . I did not hear too much protest from the Democrat side of the aisle here over that .I heard it called artistic expression .
    It is only a violation of freedom of speech when it is against liberal ideas. Anything against more right wing ideas is protected, things against left wing ideas is criminal.

Have you not figured that out by now.
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2010, 05:20 PM
    Tom, you guys talk up your freedom then use it for a licence for criminality, but then we know you don't have a free press but a gutter press and it tells you what sort of political regime you would get if such people were in power, Chuck makes a good point, freedom is only freedom when you respect the other fellow not use it as an excuse for a purge
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2010, 05:52 PM

Chuck's point is that NK in fact did not post this OP over the outrage of a play openly contemplating GW Bush's assassination . Then it was no biggie... an expression of free speech . Even in this instant it was a so called tolerant lib who was calling for the assassination.
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2010, 06:55 PM
    Hey Tom I got it but it doesn't matter who was calling for the assassination, journalists and commentators have a responsibility to exercise their free speech with forethought, not suggest the nation's military be used as an instrument of political assassination
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2010, 07:07 PM

Freedom of speech is one thing but to show this kind of talk on television being broadcast to the masses, lots of impressionable minds are going to take this point of view as the right one and that's just wrong
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

Dec 11, 2010, 07:52 PM
    Clete ,freedom of speech is a b*tch . There was a Broadway play with the premise of the asssasination of GW Bush..In fact it was called 'Assassination of George Bush' . I did not hear too much protest from the Democrat side of the aisle here over that .I heard it called artistic expression .
    Strikes me that a play and something perporting to be news or serious debate are somewhat different beasts.
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2010, 08:04 PM

I don't think so at all . They are both offensive . But only one is having this outrage.

The answer is simple. Put pressure on FOX to dump Bechel . That's what libs do to libs who don't exercise the free speech they agree with . Just as Juan Williams.
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2010, 08:32 PM
    I don't think so at all . They are both offensive . But only one is having this outrage.
    Hello again, tom:

You're actually WRONG about that... I don't know if you noticed, but Beckel isn't the only liberal mirroring Fox. In fact, MOST of 'em are. The outrage I feel is toward ANY in the media who condemn Assange. Fox, of course, went overboard with their assassination stuff, but I'm equally against the stance of MSNBC on this issue.

excon
    Just_Another_Lemming Posts: 437, Reputation: 211

Dec 12, 2010, 05:20 AM

Look folks, it has nothing to do with either righty or lefty wingers. Both sides say incredibly stupid, inflammatory, antagonistic, and sometimes UNBELIEVABLE things that make us question why they shouldn't be charged with something and thrown in jail. We all know it is all about viewership, readership, & ratings so no one here should be surprised at these antics. It is a sad state of affairs and whether you want to believe it or not, England, Australia, and Canada, are not far behind us on that.

Yes, we have freedom of speech & freedom of the press here. That is what gives these lunatics the right to spout off the way they do. Unless someone specifically makes a direct threat at, or offers money to "off" a citizen of the U.S. it usually isn't actionable. Even then, the cost of taking something like this to trial is prohibitive.

Assange is not a citizen of our country. The U.S. government views Julian Assange in much the same way they view Osama Bin Laden... as an enemy of the country. Our gov't has a price on Bin Laden's head. Our laws allow it. Right or wrong, Assange is viewed as someone who is purposely attempting to undermine our government. So, they will do everything they can to shut him up. Charging him with espionage is not far fetched. Getting him here and prosecuting him for it might prove to be a huge challenge.
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2010, 06:31 AM
    Here is a point of view you might consider, I think it makes much better sense than the nonsense that is coming out of the US government from the top down. The Australian government, Assange is an Australian citizen by the way, has said that it will not comment on the contents of secret US documents.

I think the US government thinks it has been sinned against, but in reality this is a reaction to the behaviour of the US government and its allies in recent years
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2010, 06:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    I think the US government thinks it has been sinned against, but in reality this is a reaction to the behaviour of the US government and its allies in recent years
    Hello again, clete:

You're really hit upon it this time!

Since we're the GOOD guys, we CAN'T possibly do anything wrong. We invade and occupy Muslim country's, killing 100's of 1,000's of them. We imprison and torture them. We render (kidnap) them. We indiscriminately bomb them with drones killing innocent civilians. We support their enemy NO MATTER what their enemy does to them.

Then we're perplexed when they take exception to that... But, perplexed isn't the right word.. Perplexed would indicate that we even CONSIDER the attacks on us to be a REACTION... We don't, of course... We're the good guys, remember? How can WE do bad stuff? We just call 'em crazy and try to kill 'em.

Just like Assange...

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Guess who just joined Fox News? [ 84 Answers ]

lol!

Ah Fox News, you never cease to amaze [ 9 Answers ]

Show of hands in PA diner yields one vote for McCain, nearly unanimous support for Obama, FOX Brian Wilson calls it "split." KTkqosRiyYo

Employees Expose FOX NEWS [ 12 Answers ]

So, you think Fox News is ‘Fair and Balanced’? :) YouTube - Employees Expose FOX NEWS Distortions

Employees Expose FOX NEWS [ 2 Answers ]

YouTube - Employees Expose FOX NEWS Distortions Does anyone still believe this is a news network?

View more questions Search