Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2010, 07:44 AM

Muslims are innocent victims all over the world... no matter which nation or culture they come up against... just keep believing that .

Assange is not a citizen of our country. The U.S. government views Julian Assange in much the same way they view Osama Bin Laden... as an enemy of the country. Our gov't has a price on Bin Laden's head. Our laws allow it. Right or wrong, Assange is viewed as someone who is purposely attempting to undermine our government. So, they will do everything they can to shut him up. Charging him with espionage is not far fetched. Getting him here and prosecuting him for it might prove to be a huge challenge.
    I certainly view him that way . He's imprisoned in Britain right now. Holder has to move quick before Assange foolishly exhausts his challenges to extradition to Sweden. I agree that once there he will be difficult to get here . But given that the Brits got stung by the Assange leaks also ,they may be willing to ship him here.

Killing him ? Nice fantasy... wouldn't lose any sleep if it happened .
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2010, 07:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Killing him ? Nice fantasy ....wouldn't lose any sleep if it happened .
    Right there is a great example of the Christian values we're supposed to follow. Nice one. Reminds me of why I stay away from religion.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2010, 08:22 AM
    Holder has to move quick before Assange foolishly exhausts his challenges to extradition to Sweden. I agree that once there he will be difficult to get here . But given that the Brits got stung by the Assange leaks also ,they may be willing to ship him here.

Hello again, tom:

If you prosecute him, you'll have to prosecute the NY Times first. I know. I know. You'd LIKE that... They're on your fabled LIST, too.

But, according to the Associated Press,
    -----------
    "They [wikkileaks] are releasing the documents we selected," Le Monde's managing editor, Sylvie Kauffmann, said in an interview at the newspaper's Paris headquarters.

WikiLeaks turned over all of the classified U.S. State Department cables it obtained to Le Monde, El Pais in Spain, The Guardian in Britain and Der Spiegel in Germany. The Guardian shared the material with The New York Times, and the five news organizations have been working together to plan the timing of their reports.

They also have been advising WikiLeaks on which documents to release publicly and what redactions to make to those documents, Kauffmann and others involved in the arrangement said."
    -------

Wikkileaks has done very little other than publish stuff that has been FIRST released by newspapers around the world, which INCLUDED the redactions applied by those papers.

As it turns out, the TRUTH is just a tad bit different than the lame stream media's hysterical portrayal, isn't it??

excon
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2010, 09:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Right there is a great example of the Christian values we're supposed to follow. Nice one. Reminds me of why I stay away from religion.
    NK this is not about religion .Try to stay focused . It is about someone who is putting other human assets and American security at risk. My position continues to be that Holder should prosecute and let the justice system decide his fate.
    Just_Another_Lemming Posts: 437, Reputation: 211

Dec 12, 2010, 09:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    As it turns out, the TRUTH is just a tad bit different than the lame stream media's hysterical portrayal, isn't it???
    excon
    The truth is always different than "the lame stream media's portrayal."

He's imprisoned in Britain right now. Holder has to move quick before Assange foolishly exhausts his challenges to extradition to Sweden. I agree that once there he will be difficult to get here . But given that the Brits got stung by the Assange leaks also ,they may be willing to ship him here.

Considering the guy has not murdered anyone, I think calling for an assassination or fantasizing about killing him is more than extreme. I don't want the guy dead. I would like to see the leaks stopped solely because I don't think such transparency benefits anyone and damages already tenuous international relationships (for ALL countries that have been the targets, not just the U.S.). If the U.S. gov't manages to get their hands on him AND manages to successfully prosecute him for espionage, imprisonment is the logical penalty. But, I don't think they will be successful prosecuting him. Just my opinion.

Even if we manage to get a warrant out for him in time (which I don't believe will happen) I do not think Britain will send him our way. Sweden has first "dibs" on the guy. Unless we are willing to ruin our relationship with Sweden, we aren't going to attempt to circumvent them. Again, just my opinion.
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2010, 09:59 AM

If you prosecute him, you'll have to prosecute the NY Times first.
    Nope . I'd prosecute him without going after the press. The Slimes does have the cover of 1st amendment that they abuse . I can't change that fact . But I do understand the limitation. I don't believe Assange enjoys the same protections but am willing to let the justice system decide that.

While we're at it ,lets give Constitutional protection for all cyber attacks .
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2010, 10:00 AM

Considering the guy has not murdered anyone, I think calling for an assassination or fantasizing about killing him is more than extreme.
    I disagree . There are assets on the run in Afghanistan over the 1st batch of leaks .
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2010, 08:37 AM
    I didn't hear Fox News call for the assassination of anyone, I heard Democrat strategist Bob Beckel call for his assassination. Get your targets right.
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2010, 09:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    I didn't hear Fox News call for the assassination of anyone, I heard Democrat strategist Bob Beckel call for his assassination. Get your targets right.
    I guess you missed the part where everyone agreed with him.
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2010, 09:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    I guess you missed the part where everyone agreed with him.
    Obviously, I missed everyone agreeing with him. So did you.
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2010, 10:07 AM
    Which one on the Fox News panel thought it was a bad idea to want him assassinated? Who disagreed with Beckel?
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2010, 12:12 PM

"Fox News Calls For Assassination Of Julian Assange" is an outright lie. Bob Beckel, a Democrat strategist and talking head called for Assange's assassination, the network did not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Guess who just joined Fox News? [ 84 Answers ]

lol!

Ah Fox News, you never cease to amaze [ 9 Answers ]

Show of hands in PA diner yields one vote for McCain, nearly unanimous support for Obama, FOX Brian Wilson calls it "split." KTkqosRiyYo

Employees Expose FOX NEWS [ 12 Answers ]

So, you think Fox News is ‘Fair and Balanced’? :) YouTube - Employees Expose FOX NEWS Distortions

Employees Expose FOX NEWS [ 2 Answers ]

YouTube - Employees Expose FOX NEWS Distortions Does anyone still believe this is a news network?

View more questions Search