Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bildy_45 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2010, 08:43 PM
    My home stereo system will not turn on. Ive checked the fuses. What should I do?
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2010, 05:08 PM
    Make and model?
    joeguest2 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2010, 02:30 PM
    Some stereos have a both a "soft on" button which is usually some kind of electronic push button that you normally use to turn on the set as well as a more mechanical heavy duty power button that completely switches off all power. Make sure both power switches are turned on.

Also make sure you didn't blow the main panel breaker for that wall outlet. Just check with a lamp that you do have power to that electrical socket or try plugging the stereo into a different wall outlet if possible.

Always check the easy stuff first before you start taking the thing apart. I assume the warranty is out of date, otherwise bring it back and get a new one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stereo works until lights turn on then it shuts off? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I just installed a new stereo in a 1977 comaro. The comaro had 3 wires that looked like ground so I hooked my stereo up leaving the 2 extra wires. When I turn the car on the stereo works fine and plays loud. Once I turn the lights on the volt meter goes crazy. The stereo cuts out. The lights...

My snowblower does not turn off when the key is turned to off I have checked the wire [ 1 Answers ]

When using my snow blower sometimes it will not turn off

Home stereo system [ 2 Answers ]

I'm thinking about installing a home stereo system in my house. Does anyone have any ideas about an economical system that can power about 6 speakers?

Bown fuse on my stereo system [ 1 Answers ]

I have two mtx amps hooked up in my car. I had my system for over a year and one day my 60amp fuse blows. Now I checked around to see if there was any short around my wires and I couldn't find anything. I replace my 60amp fuse and a day later the 60 amp fuse went out again. What can cause this to...

Home Stereo System [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of building a new home. I have done all the plumbing, heating and working on the electrical. After I complete the electrical I am considering installing a whole house stereo systems (ceiling and wall mounted speakers). I'm having a difficault time trying to located...

View more questions Search