Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    punkypowers Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2010, 03:39 PM
    Getting blood typed for native american ancestry
    My son's father's adoption records are sealed and he is no loner in the picture. I can't get his adoption records opened myself. Is there any way to get my son's blood tested in order to prove native american ancestry?
    Bagoo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2010, 04:38 PM
    Do you know which tribe or region you believe the Indian Nation to be from. Each tribe has it's own registration rules so I would start with the BIA or ask the registration dept of the tribe you are inquiring about his heritage if they know of DNA testing. I know that it isn't acceptable in many tribes, however, I'm not an expert either. Just from experience our roll#'s were dependent on if one of our ancestors had a DAWES ROLL number, if they were full blooded and weren't on the DAWES ROLL, one couldn't be a member of that federally recognized tribe. Our Grandmother had a roll number, so I was fortunate, many are not.

Dec 10, 2010, 06:31 PM
    Comment on Bagoo's post
    All I know is that he was born in Texas, near Arizona somewhere in the northeast region in 1979. His adoptive parents tried to get the mom to give info on herself and the father but she refused. Do you know what tribe resides there?

Dec 10, 2010, 06:37 PM
    Comment on Bagoo's post
    Huh, I need to look on my son's birth certificate. I obviously am not remembering this right.
    ZoeRPM Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2011, 07:58 AM
    Yes, the Human Genome Project has collected sample alleles from all races. A DNA profile for racial origins can therefor4e certainly show one's ancestry. I would suggest that you contact the Project for details of studies in your area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Native american hallmarks [ 2 Answers ]

I have been trying to find a list of native american jewelry hallmarks so that I can identify the mark on a brooch that I aqquired. Any help would be appreciated

American born of portuguese ancestry and want a portuguese passport [ 0 Answers ]

I was wondering if I could obtain a portuguese passport even if I am a US citizen born in Hawaii but of full portuguese ancestry

Native american necklace [ 1 Answers ]

I think I found a native american necklace can you help me?

View more questions Search