Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daveforte Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2010, 03:16 PM
    Payne heat pump blowing fuse.
    I have a Payne Heat Pump which blows the 5 amp fuse in the heat cycle. Sometimes it will run for a couple hours before it blows. Any ideas?
    killerwhales22 Posts: 52, Reputation: -3

Dec 10, 2010, 03:51 PM
    Apendasydice
    Don't know how to spell that but u know wgat I mean
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2010, 06:59 PM
    Check for a low voltage short on the defrost thermostat. It only has 24v on each wire after the switch closes from cold temp. You may have a wire rubbing on a copper line inside the system. Turn power of to the system and inspect for any low voltage wire short.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat Pump - Payne [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. I sent a request to Carrier regarding my question but they want to send a service rep. instead of answering my question. I have a one year old heat pump that was added to my medium efficiency furnace. I live in Canada, West Coast, and the heat pump will now not continually provide cool air. It...

Heat Pump not working... Payne Model PH10JA030-E [ 1 Answers ]

My heat pump had been running for approx 2 weeks, when I arrived home one evening to find that it was cold in the house. The thermostat display was off (no batteries in this one). Thermostat replaced and heat pump still not working. Fuse was blown. Once fuse was replaced, heat came on and ran...

Heat Pump blows 5amp fuse when switching between defrost & back to heat. Them Heat work [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Heat Pump System. It’s about 5 years old and has functioned OK until this Christmas Eve. One problem is the condensing unit is not kicking back on after it goes into defrost mode. I found a 5AMP fuse blown in the attic unit and once replaced it functioned. At least for a day or two...

Payne heat pump -- will not run [ 2 Answers ]

Help! My problem started with the compressor not running with the heat switch on. I checked the thermostat wiring and found that the tstat was not wired per the manual for a heat pump with aux heat. I fixed that problem and the unit would run but not blow warm air. I called out a technician and...

Payne Heat Pump loose fitting [ 1 Answers ]

My Payne heat pump was installed August 2003. Noticed a few months ago that it would run constantly. Had it checked out. Repairman said it was leaking through the flare fitting. My question is: If a flare fitting was tighten three years ago can it jiggle loose on its own, because of the vibration...

View more questions Search