Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 10, 2010, 02:32 PM
    Christmas cards
    Do you still send them? How many? Apparently, it's a dying tradition due to email, Facebook, hand-held communication devices, Twitter. And if you send them, do you have a special tradition -- the family newsletter is included or a family photo?

A boy I used to babysit when he was around ten has sent me a photo of himself every Christmas. For the past twenty years, the photo has included his growing family. It's fun to look over all the photos and see the changes. (Joey is fifty now.)

A former neighbor/friend writes a religious Christmas poem every year. At first, it was hand-printed and run off on her church's leaky ditto machine. Now, 38 years later, she uses her computer to produce a professional-looking masterpiece with graphics.

Thirty years ago, a young Chicago couple sent out their first Christmas card in the form of a homemade jigsaw puzzle featuring themselves, but with a Christmas twist and mystery to be solved. For instance, in a later Christmas card, the couple is shown in the Christmas photo-puzzle with several of their children -- plus an unknown child. The theme that year was "What Child Is This?" Another year, family members were shown in the photo while standing on an L platform, looking down the tracks and being puzzled, checking their watches. The Christmas theme that year was "No L?" (Noel). After 30 years of doing this, the couple says they are finally running out of ideas -- and have to begin this project in August.

Are you that energetic and creative?
    sharper11 Posts: 369, Reputation: 102

Dec 10, 2010, 02:38 PM
    I do not personally send Christmas Cards, but I love to receive them. The more creative the better. The jigsaw puzzle Card is a fun idea. I really love Homemade cards.

I am a graphic designer, and do A LOT of Christmas cards each year for others. So, the trend is still there. But Digital Media is def. putting a dent into it.

(Printed anything is really nice to receive. How long do you ever hold on to an e-card? My answer is 10 seconds)
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 10, 2010, 05:13 PM
    I want to send handmade cards each year and often fail to get them done in time and give up. I notice more and more foldout 3D cards, and like them - an old friend just sent me a b-day card that folds out to a vase full of flowers. I loved it. Who doesn't love letters, cards, packages, any mail? It will never die completely.
    The only resurgence I can't imagine ever happening is the 60s kitchen...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Christmas Song narration spells out Christmas [ 1 Answers ]

I have heard a Christmas Song that is told as a story. It Spells out Christmas... C is for Christ H is for _______ R is for etc. I believe it was told by an older singer the voice sounded familiar but I'm not able to find the name of the song or the artist. I have been looking for this for two...

Would you like to post your Christmas cards here? [ 7 Answers ]

It's that time of year again and I would like to wish you all a very merry Christmas. Please feel free to post your Christmas greetings to other members here. Find an Christmas image on the net and add a message or create your own. http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q134/asdat/xmass.jpg

Comedians alternative christmas cards [ 7 Answers ]

Hi someone help pleeeeease! I have been trying to find out which old time comedian used to send his alternative christmas cards in July?

Your Top Christmas Carols & Christmas Songs [ 38 Answers ]

Ok it's that time of year when the holidays are around :) and I was just thinking what are people's top Carols or Chritmas songs that they like? Christmas songs for me would be The Pogues, Fairytale of New York ;) and my Christmas Carol would have to be Joy To The World :) ! Please feel...

View more questions Search