Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lillady231 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2010, 06:51 PM
    HELP! My heart is broken and afraid to love again..
    Hi, I was with this guy for 2 years and him and I were perfect together we loved each others company and never had a dull moment together. IT was just soooooo wonderful well you all know how the start of most relationships are like your one "cloud 9". Within our relationship we had our ups and downs.. but both of us being strong made it through the hard times. To make a long story short somewhere in the relationship EVERYTHING changed he just started distancing himself from me. He cheated on me (I caught him) and me being sooo much blindly in love with him I stayed and thought this will get better, before that he lied to me about other females and I would already know the truth behind it but wanted to see if he would really be honest with me. And guys once again I stayed, in the relationship I saw what I wanted to see I did not pay attention to the TRUTH cause it hurt so bad and I was badly in love with this guy even when he hurt me. Soooo he broke up with me because he said that he did not eveb see me as much as he wanted to... Now I was hurting already from my fathers death and going through changes and then him cheating on me and then him lying to me. I was being hit with pain after pain in my heart, so after he broke up with me I found out he was seeing someone else on the side while we were still together. How could someone who said they will never hurt you or play with your emotions do these things to you?? I don't understand this... This was the dude that I NEVER thought could hurt me like he did.. Advice Please
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 9, 2010, 08:02 PM
    Read what YOU wrote.
    'before that he lied to me about other females and I would already know the truth behind it but wanted to see if he would really be honest with me.'
    What the heck? You stay with someone to wait and see how truthful he will be? NO. You have had all the evidence you need, over and over. He PLAYED you. It happens a million times a day on a planet with billions of people. What you have to do is find out why you are such a fool for love, and stop it. I'm not saying I haven't been a fool myself, way back when, most of us have. Usually it stems from a low opinion of yourself, or a family in which one parent treated the other the same way. It's time to be angry instead of hurt.
    immigrant2010 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2010, 08:05 PM
    Sometimes guy is a playa, disrespectful, but happens ( just as with girl). Give it time and it'll be all cool, just start strong and focus on your life right now (family, etc.) not relationships. Cooling time clears your head.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 9, 2010, 10:08 PM

You gave your heart to the wrong person, and its time to cut your losses, heal, and regain what he took from you, your confidence in your own judgment. You are hurt and disappointed, but when you recover, and you will, you will be wiser, and happier. Geez you could have never found out about his lying cheating nature, and been played forever. Still sucks though, I know!
    flowerchildfala Posts: 96, Reputation: 16

Dec 10, 2010, 07:50 PM
    You should sit and look at what went wrong in the relationship. I know its hard and your hurting but this will let you learn what you shouldn't do next time. Look at what qualities he had you liked and what he had you didn't like! But just relise that this guy is a jerk and you should be thankful it's over! It's hard to accept it's over and when your in love you go blind to the other person's faults! There's a saying that "love makes a banana look like an apple', so pretty much you see something else other than what's really there. You have to relise he's not good for you and as much as you love him and want to stay with him, he's going to only keep hurting you! You need a guy that will treat you like a queen and I'm sorry but he didn't! Just take the time to cry and don't stop yourself from having all these feelings because it's natural! If you suppress them it will take you longer to heal! But relise that this relationship was a practise one so that when mr right comes along your ready and you've learnt what it takes to make a relationship work and what a helathy and unhealthy relationship look like! Don't give up please! Goodluck with everything!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A man teaches 3 kids their schooling and falls in love gets his heart broken and goes [ 1 Answers ]

A man gets hired to teach bratty children at a private residence and ends up Falling in love with the mom or eldest child and when the summers over she breaks his Heart so he goes home to write a book and hires a stenographer who falls in love With this man and can't figure out if the stories...

Broken heart [ 13 Answers ]

how do i get over my ex boyfriend that i loved him with all my heart he meant the world to me n i wanted him back so i asked him out n he always told me he loved me that he will think about it then 2 days after that he went behind my back n got with my bestfriend n she knew how much he meant to me...

Broken heart [ 2 Answers ]

Mildred, 93, was despondent over the recent death of her husband Earl, So she decided to just kill herself and join him in death. Thinking it would be best to get it over with quickly, she took out Earl's old Army pistol and made the decision to shoot herself in the heart since it was ...

Heart broken [ 7 Answers ]

Hey everybody I relli need help on this one... ok so I been dating this man and its been quite some time and honestly I'm in love with him and he's about 28 and I'm 20.. I may be expecting a baby.. not excatly sure yet.. nd he on the other hand just totally changed he's not how he was when we first...

Broken heart [ 10 Answers ]

Ok Question Ive Been Married Twice I Finally Met A Guy That Meets All My Criteria. Well He Tells Me He Loves Me. He Has A Problem At Work And Tries To Find Another Job Out Of State So I Try To Stick With Him Even Though I Don't See Him But Once A Week And Don't Talk To Him Much. So Hes Out Of...

View more questions Search