Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jwhardley1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2010, 04:25 PM
    What Can an Old Employer say about you in the Industry
    Hello,

Is it legal for an old employer to give you the option to quit or stay on with no internal support after an incident with him outside of work (alcohol induced argument between both parties at a bar?) by quitting the employer states that the contents of the disagreement stay internal.

And once you take the option of quiting, he subsequently tells other people in the industry (as early as the same day) that he had to let you go over an argument but neglecting to include the fact that he was drinking as well?

Would this be considered slanderous and would there be grounds for recourse?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 9, 2010, 05:31 PM

Its not slander if it's the truth. Its not illegal to give you the option of resigning or staying on in an uncomfortable position.

A former employer can say whatever they want as long as its not false.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Contacting Employer an employer ethically [ 2 Answers ]

I am applying for a job out of state that I found on a search engine. The ad provides an email for where to send all inquiries/resumes. However, after doing some research, I found the direct supervisor for the position and her direct email address at the company. Is it ethical/appropriate to...

What questions does past employer have to answer by new employer [ 1 Answers ]

If a new employer calls your old employer, what questions will they answer.My concern is that I have been unemployed now for 6 months,and am concerned that my prospects are frowning on the fact that I have been out of work so long. I may just be overreacting as this is the longest time I've been...

H1B transfer - whether current employer know about the new employer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Experts Currently I am on H1b visa with company A. I would like to transfer this to Company B. I heard that Company A will not know that it is transferring to Compnay B during the transfer. Is this correct? Also, after successful transfer to compnay B whether USCIS will send any...

Motor industry [ 0 Answers ]

Is the motors industry having perfect competition?

View more questions Search