88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2010, 01:59 PM
    Ok I do love my bathroom
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2010, 02:09 PM
    This is the only other picture I have right now. I have no idea why I did that of just the bed. But off to the side of my island is a good size dining room with sliding glass doors and its so nice. I just love it. I sit and eat dinner and watch the deer across the field. I have nothing of the out side yet but I will get some.

This is not the same issue you have been having is it? All this time? My god I hope they do something for you. Its tough being strong in front of the kids I am sure.

My parents only had an artificial. I hated it. So I refuse. It's a real one no matter what the mess.
    Attached Images

Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 19, 2010, 02:17 PM

I love the built in shelving. Beautiful house Sunny. You must be so happy that you're finally moved in and settled, just in time for the holidays. :)
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2010, 02:20 PM
    I am Alty you have no idea. We were officially settled for Thanksgiving.

What's on the wish list this year for your kids? One thing my son had on was a sling shot. Yesterday I made that my mission to buy. Much to my surprise sling shots are illegal in NY. Who would have guessed. So I bought him a red ryder BB gun instead.
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2010, 02:28 PM
    OK one more and I swear that's it. My little man Friday morning before his concert. His dad had to get him ready. Normally I do and I was so nervous I couldn't be here with my new job hours. He did well.
    Attached Images

Pets Expert

Dec 19, 2010, 03:55 PM

Wow, way to go dad, what a handsome little man. He's much better dressed than my kids were for their concert.

Jared wants an Xbob 360, but knows it's not going to happen. He's being surprised with a longboard (it's a skateboard but longer, and all the rage here right now. All his friends have one). They normally start at $160, but we found one online, brand new, for under $40. He's going to be shocked!

Sydney's one and only wish was a cabbage patch newborn. I would have had better luck finding the holy grail. Thankfully I went shopping one day as they were stocking the shelves at Walmart, and I nabbed one (there were only 3 to choose from so I hope she likes it).

The rest is stuff I hope they'll like. Both of them were pretty quiet about their wishes this year. They're both at odd ages. Jared is too old (12) for the toys I used to buy. He loves lego (so he's gotten a few kits) and he loves anything scientific, so we got him a science kit. Syd loves dolls but has an entire nursery full already. Anything crafty and she's giddy, so she's getting tons of crafts. She's the opposite of what I was when I was little so it's hard to shop for her. The things I see that I would have loved at her age, she doesn't really like. Sigh.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Dec 19, 2010, 04:43 PM

Dad did awesome dressing up the little man! Sunny, your house is absolutely gorgeous! I think my cupboards are the same as yours! I'll try and find a good pic to post. Your home looks so warm and inviting! I would be in Heaven there too. I seems like a nice warm home o have a spiced Christmas drink!

Ok, found a pic, this is when I first bought my home so it hadn't been painted yet, it's now an olive green in the kitchen. But it's a good view of the cupboards.
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2010, 05:13 PM
    OH thanks guys. He did do a good job. I was a bit nervous be he did good.

Alty my little man was a bit odd this year to it seemed with is wishes. But I think I did OK. The excitement alone he will forget about his list I am sure. He usually does.

Bella our kitchen cupboards do look similar. I had changed it at the last minute. Originally I was going with the dark wood. You can see it in some of the pictures the dark shade. But I saw a kitchen almost set up the same as mine in dark and it was kind of dreary. Last minute change. I am happy.
    Dogs Expert

Dec 19, 2010, 05:15 PM

Mine were a last min change too. The cupboards that originally came were particle board, yuck! I went with solid birch. I love them, totally worth the money!
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2010, 05:31 PM
    Oh god what a change that is. A good one.

This kid of mine is driving me to drink. Seriously. He is wound. For weeks not listening and sassing. I am pulling my hair out. I am praying its just the holiday he is ready for.
    Pets Expert

Dec 19, 2010, 05:50 PM

Ahem. Mine are particle board.

Where's the crying emoticon? ;)
    Dogs Expert

Dec 19, 2010, 05:50 PM

Want to Sassy, non listening 3 year old to go along with that? She is potty trained, comes with a complete wardrobe, I'll even throw the dog in for good measure! :D
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2011, 10:54 AM
    OK its still seasonal here. Until the snow is gone. So we are looking mid June maybe. Haha

Thought I would post a picture from Sunday and show my canadian friends how close I really am. I live 8 miles from this park. That is the St.Lawrence River. That hunk of land on the other side is Ontario. I am truly just a swim away.
    Attached Images

Dogs Expert

Jan 13, 2011, 01:12 PM

Wow Sunny you are close! Too bad Ontario wasn't closer to Nova Scotia! :p Now I am going to have to take some pics of the 30cm of snow we received last night.
    Dogs Expert

Jan 13, 2011, 01:30 PM

My front and back yard after the 30cm of snow.
    Attached Images

Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jan 13, 2011, 02:25 PM

Wow...

I have been ill lately but am feeling a bit better. I promised to post some of my Christmas display pictures, and I will shortly. However half of them didn't come out so I will post what I have soon.
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2011, 07:02 AM
    Stringer get well and take care of yourself. I am sure your displays are beautiful.

Bella I am jealous. I do love a good snow storm. They keep talking on the news about the Northeast getting hit with all these storms. Please. They are half way down the state. I am about as Northeast as you can get and we have nothing here. :(
    We are hoping to make a skating rink this year in the back year. My son take lessons 3 days a week and he loves it so much. Now my mission also is to get our passports and go skating on the canal. We have always wanted to. I am doing it. http://www.canadascapital.gc.ca/bins...9-10080&lang=1

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boyfriend moved stuff in, then broke up with me. Do I get to keep the stuff? [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I decided to move in together. He brought stuff to my apartment, and I got rid of a lot of my stuff to accommodate for his stuff (i.e, bed, TV, etc). Then he decided that we needed a new couch, so I got rid of my couch and he bought us a new one. Few months later and we are broken...

Seasonal Sewage Odor [ 16 Answers ]

I don't know if I am posting correctly, so if I am not I apologize in advance. My family and I have been dealing with a sewer smell for going on 2 years, since we bought the house we are in. It is a ranch with 1 bathroom on the main floor, and 1 in the basement, where the washer and dryer are...

Seasonal Difference [ 1 Answers ]

It is said that the seasonal difference is due to the tilted axis of the earth on which it rotates. Doesn't the elliptical path of the earth on which it revolves around the sun has any impact. Please detail out.

Seasonal Affective Disorder [ 11 Answers ]

Hi all, :) I have been getting the feeling that I'm starting to feel that I have got Seasonal Affective Disorder (S.A.D:confused: )! Is there anybody else on this site that suffers from this or has family, friends or so on that could give me some in light into this so I feel like I'm not going...

View more questions Search