Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    john-rock Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jun 8, 2004, 08:38 AM
    Meaning of a word
    How can I find out if a given word has a meaning in any language or is
    Used as a first name anywhere in the world ?
    Are there any websites to consult ?
    viking Posts: 131, Reputation: 7

Jun 9, 2004, 09:51 AM
    Meaning of a word
    The best source that I know of is the Oxford Engish Dictionary. I am not sure if you can find it on the web but you can find it at any Library. It is the most comprehensive dicitonary of the English language. It includes definitions, phonetic spellings and etymology.

http://dictionary.oed.com/

Good Luck!
    eternity Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2005, 01:13 PM
    Understanding the meaning of words
    Hello John-rock,
    Have you ever heard of the Code of the Greek Language? It comes to unveil the deeper,inner meaning of words. The Code is in accordance with the serious modern dictionaries, but goes farther and deeper into the true meaning of a word than these dictionaries.
    If you have a serious interest, don't hesitate to contact me, either through a thread or of-line at [email] [email protected] .

Thank you for your time, "eternity"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anyone know what is the meaning of... [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know the meaning of "Jannum" Is is good... :D... or bad :o??

Word meaning [ 3 Answers ]

A fossil of an Ichthyosaur in Patagonia "is identified by the presence of strongly anficelic vertebrae and double headed trunk ribs." What is the meaning of 'anficelic'?

The Real meaning of freedom? [ 13 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, The real meaning of freedom can mean different things to different people. For example: Have you ever been judged by others, just because of the religion you belong to or choose to worship? Do some judge you even before they know anything about you? Look below and see if...

MS Word - multiple instances of the same word? [ 1 Answers ]

In MS Word, is there a way to highlight a section of text and get some sort of read on which words appear the most often? Thanks Paul

Adding a word and its meaning to Word Dictionary [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I know how to add a word to the existing system dictionary in MS Office 2002. Now I need to know how to add a meaning to the new word which I added into the dictionary. Can anyone suggest the procedure. Thanks in advance. SAI

View more questions Search