Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Arcos Plage Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2007, 08:47 PM
    Pantheism, Pandeism, Deism, Atheism, what's the difference?
    What's the difference between pantheism, pandeism, deism, and atheism? Do all of them come back to actually meaning the same thing? If they're all different, what's the difference? If not the same, what other types of things like these are there?
    dmatos Posts: 204, Reputation: 26

Jan 8, 2007, 09:36 PM
    Start with a normal dictionary. They distinctly do not mean the same thing. Off the top of my head, atheism is the belief that there is no god, and deism is the belief in some sort of god (actual god unspecified). The others sound (to me) like they are names for the belief in multiple gods.

At least one other word to add to your list: agnostic.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2007, 10:00 PM
    You can add the word Gnostic to your list also.

A good reference is Wikpedia. Try that resource.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2007, 02:52 AM
    Here's a good site to look those up (they are all different): Beliefnet.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's the difference between... [ 8 Answers ]

Masturbation and intercourse? I ask because I heard that masturbation for guys can negatively affect them, so I wonder if that's the case how come the sperm I during the intercourse doesn't have the same negative effects? Its sperm in both cases so what's the big deal about masturbation? By...

What is the difference? [ 4 Answers ]

I am changing over from a gas heat system to electric. I have read how efficient the heat pumps are but it gets pretty confusing. I am looking at the goodman 2.5 ton ac unit and seporate airhandler (10kw heat strips) package 13 seer and I am looking at the goodman 2.5 ton heatpump with the same...

Difference between degrees of far and old [ 1 Answers ]

Q2. What's the difference between the following two degrees of far and old; 1. far farther farthest 2. far further furthest 1. old older oldest 2. old elder eldest

Difference [ 1 Answers ]

Please anyone tell me the difference between a Corporation and an Incorporation.

What's the difference? [ 4 Answers ]

;) Hi, Anyone knows the difference between "conversation" And "dialogue"? I appreciate your help.

View more questions Search