Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Dec 8, 2010, 04:19 PM
    I was parking at Quiktrip filling up my gas then a car pulled in and crashed me!
    So my dad and I were parking at the Quiktrip gas station to fill our gas up. After my dad filled it up, he got back in the car. He started the car and drove forward about 6-12 inches. Then he looked back and saw that he forgot to put in the gas cap, so he stopped the engine and got out (to put the cap in), that was when the other driver hit him in the front.

Apparently the driver was pulling in from the main road, at the Quiktrip we were at, you're supposed to stay on the right when pulling in and stay on the left when you're leaving Quiktrip ( I believe there was arrows on the pavement). But when the lady who drove the other car pulled in, instead of hugging the right lane, she used the left lane and that was when she smashed into my car... She didn't use the left lane entirely, but she came in the right lane, instead of keeping at the right lane she made an abrupt turn and brushed her front into my front.

My insurance company say its my fault. The guy said that she had pull control of the way, and I have to give way to her (because I did move 6-12 inches, but I didn't get hit when I moved, I got hit AFTER I got out of the car). Also, unfortunately, the other driver had a witness on her side which I do not think was honest about the situation. (She did enter Quiktrip after the collision and bought a pack of cigarettes, who knows what else she did inside).

I'm upset , how could it be my dad's fault when he's not even in the car! He was parking at the gas station, and the insurance company don't take into consideration that my dad wasn't in the car when it got hit therefore he didn't move it forward and smashed her car.

Please tell me what to do here, I don't think it's fair to my dad. He's very upset, he doesn't speak English at all and he thinks they're taking advantage of him. There was a police at the site, but apparently he didn't file a police report because it was on private property... I asked the police on his opinion on who's at fault and he told me that it was the other drivers fault just by looking at the tiremarks left by the other car.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2010, 04:30 PM
    I'm not a legal expert, so I'm chiming in here with only curiosity for the real answer... nothing I say is meant to be construed as intelligent advice. I'm just cheerleading. Some Bear with a Bigger Brain will come by soon and let us know better.

How common is it to pull into a gas station and find a delivery truck or tanker truck parked in the way of a common lane? So... one could just hit the gas tanker because he was in the way of the normal route to exit?

What time of day was it? How was the visability?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 8, 2010, 04:35 PM

Although I am by trade an Insurance underwriter, I don't have experience with the claims side of insurance. I'm here for the same reason as KP, I'm curious to see what the experts will say.

The only thing I could think to recommend would be to talk to a lawyer and fight this, but, considering how much damage was caused, and how much your insurance premiums go up, it may not be worth it in the end.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I hit one car in the parking lot when I am reversing my car [ 6 Answers ]

The other car got some scratches at bumper and tail light got damgaed only so my question is that does it affect my pubilc record and what type of point will I get,does it required any police report for claims?

My parked car was crashed into and pushed into another car. Whose to blame? [ 3 Answers ]

My car was parked. A car rear ended my car and pushed it into another parked car. Thing is, the person who caused the accident won't take blame for my car hitting the other car. Does his insurance have to pay for both or will my insurance have to pay for damages to the car hit by mine?

Car crashed no coverage can voluntary repo hurt [ 1 Answers ]

My car was involved in an accident and my ins. Company not covering it due to policy changes that I wasn't fully aware of! If I ask the finance company to pick it up from where it is being garaged can they garnish my wages for payment? Even after I told them what I can pay to alleviate the problem!

Car was hit by another car when reversed from the parking lot [ 19 Answers ]

My car was parked on one-side of parking lot with one-way aisle. When I reversed my car to the middle of the aisle, I stopped there as I found a car from the parking lot behind my car rapidly reversed and hit on my car. My car was damaged with a deep dent and caused problem with the light-signal...

View more questions Search