Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leftycop Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2003, 12:24 PM
    Norton2003 Antivirus "live update"I
    I have windows XP, installed Norton Antivirus, and when I try and update my Live update, the program comes back and says I don't hve a server. I do have MCHSI SERVER, I can bring up my e-mail, or anything on the web. I tried to go to Symantec web page and tried everything they had. They didn't have anything on connecting to the server. I called MCHSI (my provider) and they said everything was fine with their server. SYMANTEC doesn't have a 800 number or anyway I couldn't find it. The closest that I could come with phone number of theirs was one that cost 29.95. I would think they would have a chat line or a e-mail address. I've always had Norton and like it very much. I have reinstalled and deleted the Antivrus three or four times. Can any of you guys or gals help this Ol' Fart out. Thanks. Lefty Lewis
    bors Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2003, 10:25 AM
    ? O.K. If you have a modem, first of all you mast create connection in Dial_Up. I really don't know, do you have in your country a open Dial_Up service. It means that you do not need to register. Just enter a phone nuber and a pasword what the Web provider give for free, you just pay per minute.When you configured a Dial_Up connection, just conect in and run norton live update.

:-/ But if you have a ISDN ore LAN ore something else where need a IP. You need configure a Network. You can do it in Network Neighborhood/Properties and then TCP/IP. I hope, I help you ;)
    mahi_val Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2003, 02:11 AM
    Instead of trying through live update for an immediate solution, visit the symantec website (http://securityresponse.symantec.com...es/US-N95.html) and download .exe file (size around 3.5 MB) posted on it. After downloading this file on to your desktop, just double click on it and follow the instructions (hardly two steps, just click yes when asked for). This will update the virus definition on your Norton Antivirus 2003.
    You should do this exercise at least once in a week since symantec updates the definition at this frequency. :)
    masttol Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2007, 03:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by leftycop
    I have windows XP, installed Norton Antivirus, and when I try and update my Live update, the program comes back and says I don't hve a server. I do have MCHSI SERVER, I can bring up my e-mail, or anything on the web. I tried to go to Symantec web page and tried everything they had. They didn't have anything on connecting to the server. I called MCHSI (my provider) and they said everything was fine with their server. SYMANTEC doesn't have a 800 number or anyway I couldn't find it. The closest that I could come with phone number of theirs was one that cost 29.95. I would think they would have a chat line or a e-mail address. I've always had Norton and like it very much. I have reinstalled and deleted the Antivrus three or four times. can any of you guys or gals help this Ol' Fart out. thanks. Lefty Lewis
    Was

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Who did this song: from the 80's, probably called "typical" or "that's typical" [ 2 Answers ]

Some lyrics as I hear them: Windowsill, my elbow's numb As I heard the door go and saw your car As it glides onto the road Double wasted dumbness Sodding off and I can't hear you go And that's typical There you sit in the driving seat

Microsoft office live basics "web parts" [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have been trying to build a horse related web site using Office live basics. I've had no computer instruction except what I've been able to learn just using the computer and don't really know a lot about using a word processing program, which I gather is basically what a WYSIWYG...

View more questions Search