Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mallaidh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2011, 08:55 AM
    My husband has just had the same scam cold call offering a free holiday in Florida.
    He was suspicious when they asked for his Credit Card number so ended the call and did some online checking. Came up with the news that this is a scam operating out of Orlando Florida so in spite of the disingenuous Sarah's blandishments drop it like a hot brick if it comes your way!
    As it says earlier in this forum - if they are connected with your Credit Card provider they will know your card number and be able to tell YOU what it is!
    ShanerJoe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2011, 12:23 AM
    Comment on HookedonCancun's post
    The above post is an obvious post from the scam company. Nice try
    karen2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2011, 02:28 PM
    I was hooked by this ploy from yourholidaygetaway.com , I am disabled and on a fixed income,but I was interested in a reduced price holiday. I fully explained what I needed to be included in my package holiday and was told that transport to and from the resorts was included.
    So I agreed to look over the information, safe in the understanding that no money would be taken until I had time to look it over and returned a signed agreement I was told to throw away the information if I was not interested and no further action would be needed SO YOU CAN IMAGINE MY SURPRISE WHEN I FOUND £679 TAKEN FROM MY ACCOUNT! I got in touch with the firm demanding my money returned as the package did not include what I needed, and that it was not what I had agreed to they just refused. They had recorded the bits of the phone call were they hurried over the terms and conditions but I was still under the impression that my need for transport was included BUT they did not keep that part of the phone call
    So now I am stuck without money for the next month as they have taken it from my account and left me with a holiday package that is unsuitable for my needs that they say I should sell to my family or friends
    So beware they only want to sell you this no matter what you state your need may be and you will not get your money back!
    jpgrad Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2011, 05:28 PM
    Comment on karen2's post
    Dispute the transaction with your credit card company. They reversed ours and charged back these crooks. Send the crooks a letter within 30 days cancelling the unauthorized order. Report them to Florida police, Central Florida Better Business Bureau, and the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Affairs. They get away with this scripted telephone recording trick because you gave them your credit card. The authorities know it is a fraud but do not have a case until enough of the victims come forward to show a pattern. Less than 5% come forward. Don't be too hard on yourself. They are very good at taking advantage of trusting people and would have said anything you wanted to hear to get your credit card and the scripted recording. They are not a travel company. They are crooks.
    tonyluci Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2011, 10:14 AM
    Yes this company is a scam, we got the phone call saying yo pay your bills so good ion time etc etc you have won a holiday I'm now 63 disabled and my husband coming up for 71 next month this happened last year the only proof we got is our bank staement from our visa debit card and when we read the small print when the big gold envelope arrived no one 70 or over could go so we sent it back as they requested and promised us a refund its now a year on and nothing our bank won't even help usas we thought you would be iunsured by visa they say need proof well they got our bank stament what more do they need nobody will give us the telepohone no to this wretched irm either rom tonyluci.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Got holiday tickets not paid for holiday [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I really hope someone can help me. I booked a holiday in Feb and only paid low deposit. Then due to finaces I did not pay anymore so could not go. This morning the holiday tickets (flight and accommodation ) arrived. I went on the website to try and pre-book the flight seats and it let...

Getaway weekend [ 1 Answers ]

I am not sure if I am posting this in the right forum... but. My husband and I are planning a little preholiday retreat (it is a yearly thing) as a gift to each other. We would like to stay somewhere in the New England States (MA, RI, CONN) but are not sure where. This time of year tends to be...

View more questions Search