Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cherifcisse7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2010, 09:30 AM
    My wife I si us citizen do we have to file join taxes or can we file separately?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Dec 8, 2010, 05:00 PM
    You CAN file separately if you wish, but filing jointly will, in most cases, result in a LOWER tax liability.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 9, 2010, 10:38 AM

It would help to know whether you are a US citizen or resident alien, as opposed to being a non-resident alien.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My wife is a non resident alien. Do we file jointly or separately [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best way to file 2009 taxes for my non resident wife. She currently live in argentina and I am living in the states for work? Does she need a ITIN?

Can I file taxes without my spouses ss number? She's a Us citizen, filing separately. [ 1 Answers ]

Can I file taxes without my spouses ss number? She's a Us citizen, filing separately and we are separated

Can I file as Married filing Jointly or Separately, if my wife has not entered US. [ 10 Answers ]

Hi David, I thought I'd post in this topic because I have a case similar to that of Balajinaik. However the website doesn't let me continue in his post, so I have to start a new Thread. I have been on an H1B visa through 2006 and will be filing as a resident alien. I got married in India in...

My wife is a you.S. Citizen but doesn't have a SSN# How do I file my taxes? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My wife's parent's never gave her a SSN#. She is a U.S. citizen, has a valid U.S. Passport, and a drivers license. Some of these she had to write to her congressman to get them. Her parents wanted her to have the choice of getting a SSN#on her own. We just got married last May. I trying...

View more questions Search