Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amandalynch Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2010, 08:06 AM
    Sewage smell coming from sink, tub and towlet in front bathroom?
    I have a home that was built in 2008. It is one story and has two bathrooms. The master bath is fine. However, the front secondary bathroom has a sewage smell coming from it. The water in the tub and sink smell horrible and the towlet even after using the flush tablets smell. There is always a yellow ring above the water that will even accure after cleaning the towlet an hour later. There is only one person that usese that bathroom so it is not used a lot. What is the problem.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2010, 08:31 AM

Are u on city sewer or septic tank?

If on septic, Have u had it cleaned since u moved in? If not would recommend that is where to start.

Chuck
    amandalynch Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2010, 09:23 AM
    We do not have a septic tank. We are with city sewer.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2010, 10:46 AM

Hi Amanda

Is secondary bath on a concrete slab?

Have u check to see if traps are working correctly? Water in traps.

U may have a broken pipe and minor blockage.

Does water drain fast enough?

This post will bring u back to top. Maybe one of the plumbing experts will know more then me.

Good luck

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewage smell in upstairs bathroom, coming from toilet [ 7 Answers ]

I replaced my upstairs toilet with a new low flow one, then got my septic tank cleaned out professionally. There's still a bad smell in the bathroom even though my friend took the toilet off again and replaced the wax ring. Help please!! Thanks

Sewage Smell coming from bathroom sink [ 2 Answers ]

We have a strong sewage smell coming from our bathroom sink. Can you help?

Sewage smell in Bathroom Sink [ 1 Answers ]

I get a sewage smell from bathroom sink when gas fire logs, the vented type, in fireplace are lite in the living room. Bathroom is on same floor. Thanks

Sewage odor coming from bathroom sink only [ 1 Answers ]

We have a small 1/2 bathroom on the main floor of our house. We just started getting a sewage odor from the sink the last couple days. I pulled the drain stop out and pulled out hair, etc. I think I cleaned most of the stuff out. We just got a new washer and dryer and installed it downstairs about...

Sewage gas smell coming up in Master Tub [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I have seen similar questions but am not sure if answer applies in my case. We recently built a house and began noticing a sewage gas smell coming up from our master bath tub. Shower is separate from tub. I also notice a gurgling sound in the master tub when we flush the master...

View more questions Search