Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2010, 07:44 AM
    Remembering John Lennon
    It blows my mind that it was 30 years ago that John Lennon was killed.

There are only a few things that I remember where I was and what I was doing when some "big thing" happened on this planet.

When Elvis died, I was on a vacation with my family.
    When John Lennon was killed, I was working at McDonalds.
    When the space shuttle blew up, I was working at a record store.
    When the big Tsunami hit, I was at my home.
    When Princess Diana died in the car wreck, I was at home.
    When the World Trade Center was hit by terrorists, I was at work and heard it on the radio.

I hope to not sound shallow, but of the above (and the other big stuff that has happened), the World Trade Center tragedy and John Lennon's assassination are the two biggies.

In both cases I was depressed for a long time (weeks) afterward.

After I leave this planet, I will
    1) Spend the first 10,000 years conversing with God one on one and "face to face",
    And then hope to
    2) Spend the next 100-300 years enjoying personal conversation with John Lennon.

I've got a long list of things I'd like to do for the next few million years, but that's another subject.

May John Lennon rest in Peace.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2010, 07:56 AM

I was watching Monday night football . Howard Cosell announced

“Remember, this is just a football game, no matter who wins or loses … an unspeakable tragedy, confirmed to us by ABC News in New York City, John Lennon, outside his apartment building on the west side of New York City, the most famous perhaps of the Beatles, shot twice in the back, rushed to Roosevelt Hospital, dead … on … arrival."

I am forever a Beatle fan.
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2010, 08:50 AM

Cosell was wrong. Lennon was hit by 4 bullets. Chapman fired 5 times but one of them (apparently) missed... but that's besides the point.

This event was a sad story of US History.

We miss you, John Lennon.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2010, 09:17 AM

I afraid I don't remember what I was doing when the news broke,I was 8.

I do remember diana,I was in work and the whole place was in complete shock,when news of the twin towers broke I was in the car,when news of the tsunami hit I was at home,my boyfriend brendan, was there.
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2010, 09:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed35 View Post
    i afraid i dont remember what i was doing when the news broke,i was 8.

i do remember diana,i was in work and the whole place was in complete shock,when news of the twin towers broke i was in the car,when news of the tsunami hit i was at home,my boyfriend brendan, was there.
    I'm a bit older than you. I was born in 1964. Funny that you say that you were 8. That's about how old I was when John Lennon's comment about the Beatles being more popular than Jesus was. I remember thinking at that time that he must be an evil person.

That was my thought then... but now I'm not so judgmental about what he said. It was the wrong place and time to say what he did but looking at the whole picture I'm now thinking that his intentions were not evil at all. He was just a young guy saying something dumb - but hey: who hasn't said something dumb when they were young.

I'll be the first to confess that I've done and said things that I later regret.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2010, 12:29 PM

Hello Rick:

Imagine...

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lennon blower motor not working [ 2 Answers ]

Hey all, Woke up nice and warm last night, upstairs ac had stopped working. Compressor outside is running, but no blower. Tried manually setting the fan from Auto to ON, nothing. Doesn't matter if I have it set to heat or AC. Using a Honeywell programmable thermostat, swapped the upstairs one...

Remembering how to get over someone. [ 4 Answers ]

So my boyfriend and I split. I had been having my doubts anyway and the break up was possibly the most horrific thing I've ever been through. He told me he didn't want the LDR thing, fair enough, said he had too much stuff on his plate with his work, fair enough, said he didn't want a...

Lennon, Jagger and a plate of chips. [ 2 Answers ]

I have heard that in the early 60's before either John Lennon or Mick Jagger became famous, the two were sat together in a café where Lennon was showing Jagger some of his songs he was working on at the time. Not having much money on him, Lennon sold Jagger one of these songs in return for a plate...

View more questions Search