Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cummings Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2010, 08:28 PM
    Kenmore dryer won't heat.changed the heat element+thermal fuse.still won't heat
    Kenmore dryer(110.96582100) is 15 years old. Worked great until it stopped heating. Actually it started taking longer and longer to dry the clothes. But now it won't heat at all. I've changed the heating element and thermal fuse. Could it be the thermistor or high limit thermostat? Don't want to keep buying fuses and gadgets if it's not the reason.
    raydog48 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2011, 10:03 AM
    Make sure you have 220volts to dryer, it will run on 120volts if fuse blown. Usually on the heating element duct there is a high limit[on bottom]switch, and at top is thermal fuse[usually open] check for continuity. It is replaced with kit[both items are replaced] Hope this helps Ray

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore dryer would not heat. Replaced element. Fine. Now it will not turn on. [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore model 110-62202100 dryer. It would not heat. I replaced the element and it worked fine for one load. Now it will not turn on. I read that this could be the relay or the switch. How do I tell? Thanks, Collin

Replaced thermal fuse and dryer will not heat up [ 2 Answers ]

ii removed thermal fuse and dryer starts up ,now I let it run for awhile and it dosen't heat up! I also checked the heating element and thermal cut off /high limit theramal fuses and they all passed continuity test what can be the issue?

Heat Pump blows 5amp fuse when switching between defrost & back to heat. Them Heat work [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Heat Pump System. It’s about 5 years old and has functioned OK until this Christmas Eve. One problem is the condensing unit is not kicking back on after it goes into defrost mode. I found a 5AMP fuse blown in the attic unit and once replaced it functioned. At least for a day or two...

Kenmore Dryer No Heat/Element test [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore dryer, model# 110.63956 102 that stopped heating yesterday. There is an excellent troubleshooting guide included (hidden of course) and I think I have the problem diagnosed to the heating element. On the wall outlet and power cord connections to the machine I have 120vac on each...

View more questions Search