Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wzartv Posts: 402, Reputation: 21

Jan 8, 2007, 06:06 PM
    Inserting Flash Video into Website
    Hello,

I need to insert flash video into a website (we are converting from Windows Media video - much faster and dependable format). I have the video converted, uploaded, and linked on the website. I want to know how to turn on the little button controls for the player.

Right now, the clip is just a box, which one must right click on and click "Play" to activate. Of course, I want it to be more user-friendly with player buttons to activate the video.

For example, you can see the brand new site (still under construction) at Boyertown Live.

Any idea how I can get these player-buttons?
    Marie Koppisch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2009, 08:50 AM
    Hi,
    I'm new to the AskMeHelpDesk site and I'm graphic designer learning how to insert videos into the web site. I went to your web site Boyertown Live and noticed that you were able to make the bottom work correctly. I really like the way you set up various videos in one. Can you please tell me the software you used to create the video?
    Thank you for your time and hoping to hear from you. :)

Jul 9, 2009, 01:15 PM

Hi Marie,

I asked this question over two years ago, so things have certainly changed since then and we have a whole new layout/interface to manage our website. However, we still do use the video boxes, as you saw.

I've seen people use Macromedia Flash to make the video and/or player for the website and then embed it using their favorite web editor.

However, we've found the easiest way is just to use YouTube or MySpace video and then embed those onto the website. It's faster, easier, and doesn't take up space on our server. Not to mention all of the extra viewership they get from being posted on YouTube and MySpace... it's great because it brings people into our site from those sites.

So, to upload them, we render out our videos in AVI using Adobe Premiere, then convert them to .mp4 files using CinemaForge (free) so they are compressed, but in high quality, then upload them to YouTube.

So that may not directly answer your question, but it gives you a good alternative.

Jan 15, 2010, 07:47 AM
    Hi stephenz,

It's been over three years since I originally asked this question, so things have certainly changed... however I found your link to Moyea very interesting and have bookmarked. I don't have time to look into it right now, but it could be a solution for other projects in the future.

Thanks for sharing!
    emma456 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2010, 02:01 AM

All the FLV video files downloaded from video sharing web sites are perfectly supported. You can directly convert them to DVD videos and burn movie DVD, playable on home DVD players.

FLV to DVD Converter

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help! Need help making movies with flash macromedia flash pro 8 [ 23 Answers ]

Help! I need to animate this movie sort of like a cartoon for example if I wanted a stick man ( example) and I want it to throw a stick then run. This is very hard because I make the man and I have to modify and modify every slide s the man can like move his hand. There must be an easier way. Need...

Inserting a row in Excel [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to insert a row and keep getting this error message that it cannot shift non blank cells off worksheet. I have never seen this before and never had a problem inserting a row, what do I do.

Outlook Express-inserting pics/clip art [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any way to insert clip art from a clip art gallery OR at least smileys like the ones shown above here? I have an HP Pavilion, Windows 98 software. I have no problem w/adding such in my Yahoo mail, But would like to add my Outlook e-mail. Thanks for whatever help you can...

Inserting multiple columns on Excel [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me to insert multiple columns under any particular cell without disturbing other cell data ? For example it should be like : --------------------------------------------------------- | A | B | C |...

View more questions Search