Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jshoward Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2010, 06:40 PM
    Purchasing items for PTA
    I am the vp fundraising for a new PTA organization. I am being questioned on whether we should have paid tax on a recent tshirt order. We collected donations/sponsors that were printed on the tshirts. We did NOT charge the parents/kids for these shirts, rather 'gave them away'. I provided our tax exempt cert to the company, and they did not charge us tax for these 'free' shirts. However, one of the board members feels that this was in error and we should be paying tax since we didn't resell these shirts. Does anyone have any advice or ruling on this type of situation?

Check out some similar questions!

Lpn? Rn? Pta? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I'm trying to make a huge decision. I'm 28, have a 19 month old, currently working at a job that I hate, making $12.64 per hour. So this is why I am back in school. I have my AA degree, and originally I was thinking of going in the PTA program, have a few prereqs left.. (4 to be exact),...

Forming a new PTA - need answers. [ 2 Answers ]

My sons school hasn't had a PTA for several years. A memo went out they would like to get one formed again. I have joined. At our first meeting, being we are all new to it and no one has been part in a PTA before the question was what to form as or what to call ourselves. What's the difference...

Purchasing [ 9 Answers ]

Hi first post, was looking up that chair cover forum. I'm so worried sent this company large amount of money I've heard no response for them. Has anyone used them before.:confused:

Volunteer in PTA [ 3 Answers ]

I need to type a letter to ask parents to help in various PTA events

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.