Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Andy2011 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2010, 06:37 PM
    Newly installed toilet no water through rim holes?
    I just had a toilet installed this weekend and it isn't flushing properly. When I flush, the bowl either empties slowly with a gurgle or just fills up and doesn't empty. The water level in the tank seems right and the chain is not loose. I did notice that there is no water coming out of the rim holes, and wonder if this could be the problem.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 6, 2010, 07:08 PM

If your toilet has rim holes and no water comes out during the flush and refill you have a defective toilet. Not all toilets have rim holes so check with a mirror and coat hanger before you try to return it.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 7, 2010, 07:00 AM

The rim holes in the toilet bowl start the swirling abtion and wash down the sides of the bowl. Answer Bobs questions and we'll be back with a answer. Good luck, Tom
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Dec 7, 2010, 01:22 PM

Hi all:

Also, after confirming the rim holes exist, check the REFILL TUBE in the toilet tank. The refill tube from the toilet fill valve should be directed into the OVERFLOW pipe in the center of the toilet tank flush valve assembly... see image below.

Back to you...

Mark
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a newly installed TOTO Drake. It is leaking from the bolt holes. [ 3 Answers ]

I had a professional plumber install a new TOTO Drake tank and bowl. A couple of days later, it started leaking from the left bolt hole. The plumber returned and replaced the tank as he thought there must be a hairline crack. The leak started again the next day (from the same place.. left bolt...

How to get a stronger flush on the old toilet/and holes in rim at top? [ 2 Answers ]

I live in an upper duplex and there are two older toilets (1960's). One is fantastic with a :p strong flush. The other one is so weak and sluggish :( As I am ill, it is quite difficult for me to bend down for any length of time. Someone mentioned that they had heard that perhaps the reason for...

Bubbling newly installed toilet [ 10 Answers ]

My problem is that I just installed a new toilet and when I flushed it the first time it flushed, but not very well. Now it isn't flushing completely. This morning when taking a shower the toilet bubbled a lot. It appeared to be a bubbling volcano. The water remained clear and didn't look like...

Toilet not flushing properly no water coming drom small holes under rim [ 2 Answers ]

No water coming from small holes underneath the rim

Why is refill into toilet bowl from bowl rim holes so sloppy? [ 12 Answers ]

Help! I have removed the old ball float from my toilet system and installed a fluidmaster and since I've done that the water coming out of the holes underneath the rim of the bowl literally plopps out of the holes in a straight line and splashes up on the toilet seat and... well if your sitting...

View more questions Search