Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jstar00000 Posts: 61, Reputation: 2

Dec 15, 2010, 06:39 PM
    Comment on ITstudent2006's post
    Thanks for all the help this makes me feel better! I try it.. the thing is I never get any time to exercise because of school. And I ask my mom about a diet plan,she just yells at me and say now is not the time but I feel I need one because I cry about it

Dec 15, 2010, 06:40 PM
    Maybe I'll talk it out with her this christmas

Dec 15, 2010, 06:40 PM
    Thanks for the ideas =)

Dec 15, 2010, 06:43 PM
    Friends loneliness.. my mom saying stuff... not having time for my self( to exersise) because of school... school stress

Dec 15, 2010, 06:49 PM
    Comment on kctiger's post
    It's been hard because myself esteem went down because the amount of bulling I went through and not having time to excersise because of school but I will try to work on it again to get it up like it was before thanks

Dec 15, 2010, 06:54 PM
    Comment on pandead's post
    Awww thanks for the help!! Most of this self esteem being low is because of the amount of bullying I went through but its not happening anymore but I'll try my hardest to work on my confidence! Thanks so much!
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2010, 12:48 AM

Talk to your mum or councillor let it all out,they can help you come up with a routine and a plan to help you feel better.

Dec 16, 2010, 02:21 AM
    Comment on redhed35's post
    Ok thanks I'll do that

Dec 16, 2010, 02:25 AM
    If my mom was the same size as I am now then got skinny at age 20 would I most likely
    Be that same size or around there I look exactly like my mom when she was my age now.
    Zuzannah Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Dec 19, 2010, 09:43 AM
    Well honestly you can't do anything else. Just be with her, show interest to her problems, laugh with her and be serious if she needs it. Just stay being her friend. She must deal with this problem herself and she needs time to do so. You cannot make it quicker or anything. You can only make her feel loved.

Dec 19, 2010, 05:21 PM
    Comment on Zuzannah's post
    Thanks she is better now because she found another guy to like lol

Jan 25, 2011, 08:05 PM
    Help, friends
    I have a best friend she is making bad decisions that would get her into trouble.. If I hang out with her would people think I'm the same? I don't want to leave her side though... I was going to stay her friend but not do what she's doing and just do what I think is right. I don't want to leave her because she has done so much for me and helped me come outside my shell she also is fun to be with and is extremely funny. The side of her that I know is the nice kind wonderful caring friend. She is truly what I wished for as a friend and I don't want to leave her just because of this. I think I should help her... I told her that its not the right thing to do and its not safe. Is that all I can do. I don't want cause any problems with our friendship.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 25, 2011, 08:27 PM

Part of being mature and growing up is to know when to stand "with" a friend, and when to stand up for your values and morals.

If they are doing things that you know is wrong, and you are hanging out with them, yes, some will wonder what you are doing also.
    stellina_222 Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Jan 26, 2011, 11:44 AM
    I have the same problem, I am freaking out, I like to hug girls a lot and kiss the on the cheeks, I like to be really close to my girl friends but at the same time I love guys, without them I don't live... I have no idea if I want to be in a relationship with a woman I can imagine it though but I don't think I would ever kiss one, even though I did when I was small and once for an accident, I don't know what to do, its freaking my life out, I just like to stare though I always do that, and I was always a little tomboy whhen I was small
    Im really scared
    *** help

Jan 26, 2011, 06:09 PM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    What if no one knows about it?
    MrsLB Posts: 30, Reputation: 3

Feb 2, 2011, 08:56 AM
    That is going to be something very difficult you will have to figure out on your own. If she does unsafe things, yes, people might assume you are doing the same thing. If you guys are still having fun together doing things you are comfortable with doing, I might not say goodbye just yet. She is trying to figure out who she is as a person and may make some mistakes along the way.

Feb 23, 2011, 11:49 PM
    Pain of Loneliness need help
    I don't talk much.. I don't watch things that other people do and I don't do Facebook (I want one so that I can have a better social life) I feel alone... I feel like crying when my friend is talking to someone else about a show that I never get to see. My friend says I'm always depressed. I feel like no one likes me... people laugh at me and stare at me like I'm a weirdo. I did nothing wrong. I feel like crying sitting in my desk worrying how people view me. I not popular. No one talks to me except my friends. I keep worrying my best friend won't like me because I get sad a lot. I'm not popular in school, they don't like me when I've been nice to them. I don't know what to do to stop this feeling of sadness for a while it was gone then it came back. I don't have anyone to talk to all day until lunch with my friend. Except now I keep worrying that my best friend like this other girl more than me because she acts like me without the sad depressed part. She is also considered weird by others. I leave her out because she makes me want to cry when I'm with her and my best friend probably things I'm just being a bully. I been bullied by the tons and I wouldn't do it to anyone especially to her.I'm confused with life I need help
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2011, 12:17 AM

Have you ever spoken to your school counsellor or your parents about how you feel?

Everyone goes through a period in their lives where it seems their on a stage and everyone is looking at them, and not for all the right reasons.

Being bullied can have long lasting effects on your emotional and mental help, dealing with your feelings now will give you a good foundation for dealing with problems and issues that crop up later in life.

We all need help from time to time, talking about it and getting the tools to deal with negative feelings will really help.

Try and make an appointment today.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 24, 2011, 06:10 AM
    Let's tackle some of this one by one.
    1- You want to do Facebook but haven't. Start! I didn't want to either but am glad now I did.
    2- Of course there are shows you never get to see, because there are too many for each of us to see all of them, and I don't get HBO and expensive cable either, and don't go to the movies, and can't talk about every show everyone I know has seen. You have to drop this idea that you have to be part of every single conversation.
    3- Being popular isn't all it's cracked up to be, and only a few people get to be popular, right?
    4- No one talks to you except your friends?? Friends are what matter. TREASURE them, even if you only have ONE. More precious than diamonds and gold.
    5- Most important: let your best friend be friends with others too. Jealousy will kill a friendship in two seconds if you let it. You feel sad around her because you are jealous. It's OK to tell her that you hope she is still your friend, and give her a hug, and say you will try not to be jealous.

Being bullied when you were younger does make it really really tough now, and I do feel for you. Depression is very real. Ask the school nurse if there is any counselor you can see. The sooner you get help with it the better. It will help you understand how hurt and anger turn to depression, and how it's those emotions held in.

Feb 28, 2011, 02:09 AM
    Comment on joypulv's post
    Thanks for the tips... Im not allowed to get a fb but that's OK.. plus I have told my friend everything... have told my friend about my depression but I'm worried that she's anoyed with it.. Even if she says it doesn't and I'm a awesome friend. I guess I just got jelous because I thought she liked and had more fun with Conversations then with our random talk.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is your take on the following story? [ 0 Answers ]

First incident I'll describe happened when I was about 26 yrs old. (I'am 44 now) I have 3 sons and my youngest was still a new born at this time. I had gotten the oldest 2 boys to bed and then I nursed and changed the baby and put him down. And had just stretched out beside him. As he slept with...

Story [ 2 Answers ]

Story the gift of magi english What inference about Jim can you make from details in O. Henry's story? Answer (select one) He is serious and responsible. He is shy and retiring. He is proud and standoffish. He is fun-loving and carefree.

My story... [ 63 Answers ]

Hi everyone,I'm writing this for myself and for anyone who feels they have the time to read it. For the last few days I've been looking at posts and reading about people's relationships and problems and I must say I'm very surprised but in a way comfortable. I'm not sure why I didn't expect a lot...

This is my story [ 10 Answers ]

I met this boy several years ago. He was so wonderful, in so many different ways. My family loved him, as did I. We quickly fell in love. But I was so young and inexperienced. I was 18, he was 25. I didn't know what I wanted, in him, in myself, in life. I chose to abruptly end our relationship. It...

View more questions Search