Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigmmbugsy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2003, 10:54 AM
    Copy a book to computer
    I would like to know if I can scan a book into my computer to read for myself only without getting into trouble with copyright laws
    viking Posts: 131, Reputation: 7

Jun 9, 2004, 10:00 AM
    Re: copy a book to computer
    The short answer is probably not.

If the work is older than 70 years then you are probably in the clear. Otherwise it is probably not legal. If you scan a book into your computer and read the electronic version and then delete it from your computer without distributing or shring the info with anyone else then it is very unlikely that you will get into any trouble.

A sight with helpful info on this topic is :

http://www.lisavollrath.com/lisa/e004.html

And of course all the info on copyrights can be found at:

http://www.copyright.gov/

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Copy and paste [ 1 Answers ]

I hope someone can show me how to copy and paste a link onto my browser.I right click,it will show copy,select all in the box. What do I do next?:confused:

Copy Movies to CD [ 10 Answers ]

I was wondering, is there a legal way to make copies of movies that I have purchased (in CD form)? I have no intention of selling them, I just want to make copies for my wife and myself. Is there a safe program I can download? Are there any safe programs with wich I can copy movies that I can...

Direct computer to computer connection via Ethernet ports [ 1 Answers ]

I should like to connect two Windows XP computers via Gigabit ethernet ports. What a software is necessary To ensure the possibility to use one of the PCs as a terminal of another With sharing HDDs ets?

Copy & paste [ 9 Answers ]

Please.. I need instructions how to 'copy & paste'. I have outlook express 6, and windows me... I have a message in the body of an email that I would like to send to a private family site I belong to. I was told I need to copy and paste first. Thank you.

Lp copy [ 4 Answers ]

Very very new to computing(middle age tecno fear)and need help .how do I copy all my all LP records onto my computer and then on to cd what hardware software would I need , any help would be great Thanks

View more questions Search