Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rodwf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2010, 07:42 PM
    Fossil Identification
    Hi. I found this fossil on the west coast of a Panama. Can you tell me what it is?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 6, 2010, 04:17 AM

Even if you included a photo with your post it would be impossible, unless it was in extreme relief and even then doubtful, to identify your fossil. Why don't you take it to the nearest museum, leave it with them.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A geologist finds a fossil in a rock layer. The fossil has been dated and the approxi [ 1 Answers ]

A geologist finds a fossil in a rock layer. The fossil has been dated and the approximate age of the fossil has been placed at 10,000 years old. What can the geologist assume about the rock layer based on this data and what principle supports this assumption?

Fossil Preservation / Evolution of Vertebrates [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have two questions that I'm working on that I just can't seem to find a proper answer for no matter how long I search. :confused: 1 The preservation of fossils in any particular location is dependent on many factors. These factors can be of a geological/physical or biological/chemical...

Licence for fossil hunting [ 1 Answers ]

Hello ,do you have to have a licence or be in a part of an accociation to fossil hunt in south america, if so how do you get a licence?

Fossil fuels [ 1 Answers ]

Illustrating the economic importance of fossil fuels, with examples form the petroleum and petrochemical industries in Alberta; analyzing using chemical principles, the refining of hydrocarbons; and investigating careers related to the energy industry ?? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

View more questions Search