Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WMorg555 Posts: 105, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2010, 01:05 PM
    Last room to get warm
    I have a problem with my radiator (steam), in my room. I have to crank up the heat high in the whole house just to get my radiator to come on. The rest of the house gets so hot that someone in another room has to open a window. The radiator in my room is at the farthest point in the house from the furnace and separated by the first floor. Consequently, when the rest of the house is reasonably warm, my room is freezing. To get my room warm have to burn up the rest of the house. I don't want to use a space heater because I'm nervous about falling asleep with the heater left on. Thanks for any suggestions.
    richpetek Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2010, 07:49 AM
    What type of radiators do you have? Most are adjustable, so you can damper them down in certain rooms and turn them up in others, unless they are all in the same loop. There should be a steam trap on the radiator also that could need cleaned, ( this is for collecting the condensation and returning it to the boiler)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Warm outlet and "strange" smell in room [ 5 Answers ]

I have an older home, just over 35 year old. Tonight I noticed a strange smell that I thought was eletrical in my room so I went on a search. The only thing I found out of the ordinary was one outlet that had a couple of things plugged in to it (a baby monitor and a air filter that doesn't work...

Have odd floor,sunken living room and family room and want it all one level [ 3 Answers ]

My living room and family room are sunken with ceramic tile on top, How would I make it one leverl?

I am the owner of the 2bed room flat and one room I am renting to one lady since last [ 2 Answers ]

I am the owner of the 2bed room flat and one room I am renting to one lady since last 1 year without signing any contract(Verbal only)and now I want my room back so asked the lady to move within 1 month notice but she is saying she wants 3 months notice and I am not sure whether she can move after...

Keeping room above warm [ 6 Answers ]

What can I do to keep the rooms above the garage warm?:confused:

Keeping living room/floor above a garage warm [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all. I live in a house where the living room is directly above a garage with a new insulate garage door. The living room floor is insulated. However on really cold days the air infiltration through the floor above the garage is ridiculous. What can I do to better isolate that space above...

View more questions Search