Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Dec 4, 2010, 12:55 PM
    Life estate
    OK guys

Got to another question for you experts out there. I was asked this question and could not answer it. If a house is gifted to someone with living rights and the person who is gifting it to them has to go to a nursing home,doesn't the house have to be sold to pay for nursing home care? And how does that affect living rights that are in the will that is recorded at the courthouse. In other words the gift was done in 07 with this person having living rights until their death (the person who it was gifted to) If the house is sold does that void the living rights of the person it was gifted to?

Check out some similar questions!

Life Estate [ 0 Answers ]

I am the remainder of my parents home. My Mother is the Life Estate Holder, She is in a nursing home and there is a good chance she will not be coming home. Does she have the rights to stop me from moving into the house? Currently the house has been put up for taxes and I need to move into the...

Life estate [ 1 Answers ]

Ok guys Can someone explain what a life estate is,how it works. I have heard people talk about it but am not sure what it is. If I have posted in the wrong area of this site please let me know. Thanks

What does life estate mean in NC [ 1 Answers ]

My parents deeded property to me with a life estate. My father died owing a mortgage. Does the remaining debt have to be paid if he owned no real estate at the time of death?

Life Estate [ 1 Answers ]

My mother has a life estate. I would like to have her siblings release their interest in the property to me. How do I do that?

Life Estate [ 2 Answers ]

My mother was given a life estate and the trust also states my older sister has a life estate; the trustee had the attorney that wrote the trust give my sister a letter telling her she has the same rights as our mother to the property. However, we have been researching this Life Estate issue. It...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.